Levi took center stage!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Today, my 10 year old leopard tortoise, Levi joined me for a pirate themed VBS...hence the reason I'm dressed as a pirate!
20220816_082834.jpg
20220816_082831.jpg

We had a brief spiel on the stage during the morning rally, 2 presentations during the activity sessions and closed it out with some meet & greet photos.
20220816_093658.jpg
20220816_093531.jpg

After a long health journey (sparing the details) it felt good to be "back at it" to some degree.

Of course what's a pirate without a parrot? So my blue & gold macaw and pigeon have joined the adventure, too!

20220815_093524.jpg
20220815_085522.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
How wonderful this is! Helping at VBS is always fun, but having the "crew" there makes it more special!
Did the kids like your shelled and feathered family?
I wish they had stuff like this when I went to VBS (not helping...as an attendee, about 65 years ago :) )

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Today, my 10 year old leopard tortoise, Levi joined me for a pirate themed VBS...hence the reason I'm dressed as a pirate!
View attachment 348943
View attachment 348944

We had a brief spiel on the stage during the morning rally, 2 presentations during the activity sessions and closed it out with some meet & greet photos.
View attachment 348945
View attachment 348946

After a long health journey (sparing the details) it felt good to be "back at it" to some degree.

Of course what's a pirate without a parrot? So my blue & gold macaw and pigeon have joined the adventure, too!

View attachment 348947
View attachment 348948
How big is Levi (length, weight?) Beautiful leopard!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice to see you getting back into it a bit. Beautiful birds and of course you know I love Levi.
You make a very cute pirate too.
Looks like everyone had a good time.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Thanks! I would have never guessed that, even Google would not have gotten me there!
Hehe no problem!

And for the record, not every kid held Levi like that. Just a special few. Most of the photos were taken with the kids standing next to him on a table while munching away on greens. I'm just limited to whatever photos are shared with me since I cant really take any myself. Same with the parrot. Only a few photos on the back. Most of the time she's on a shoulder or forearm. ...just sayin
20220815_134424.jpg

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hehe no problem!

And for the record, not every kid held Levi like that. Just a special few. Most of the photos were taken with the kids standing next to him on a table while munching away on greens. I'm just limited to whatever photos are shared with me since I cant really take any myself. Same with the parrot. Only a few photos on the back. Most of the time she's on a shoulder or forearm. ...just sayin
View attachment 348973
What joy and daring is in that little girl's face! Nice work.

OliveW

Branford, FL
That's a really cool VBS! Thanks for sharing your beautiful critters with the kids! They will remember that for a lifetime.

Our VBS is in July, as our kids have already been back in school for two weeks here. Way to early, in my opinion. I like the old days when they went back after Labor Day.

Our youngest son, who is 29, is named Levi, so obviously I think your tortoise has the coolest name, too!

NJO

Downers Grove/IL
View attachment 348943
View attachment 348944

View attachment 348945
View attachment 348946

View attachment 348947
View attachment 348948
That is AWESOME!!!! GOD IS GOOD!!

Stephanie Rae

Corvallis
View attachment 348943
View attachment 348944

View attachment 348945
View attachment 348946

View attachment 348947
View attachment 348948
What the heck is VBS? That looks like a lot of fun!! Is Levi done growing? I have a Leopard, he's about 10 now, and not nearly that large. How much does he weigh?