Lighting question

ccalderon

Are these the kind of bulbs that will burn my sulcatas eyes? Ive read on here before that coil bulbs, I think, will burn their eyes. Is that what this is? My husband picked these up today and I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance:)

Attachments

• 1392940511808.jpg
    1392940511808.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 64

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: Lightning question

No, but it's better to go with a CHE for night time heat and added day heat and then a mvb or Florescent for the UVB. Just in case you haven't read them yet, please do, Toms threads below in my post for proper care and housing of a sulcata.

BowDownBowser

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
RE: Lightning question

ccalderon said:
Are these the kind of bulbs that will burn my sulcatas eyes? Ive read on here before that coil bulbs, I think, will burn their eyes. Is that what this is? My husband picked these up today and I wasn't sure. Thanks in advance:)

wellington said:
No, but it's better to go with a CHE for night time heat and added day heat and then a mvb or Florescent for the UVB. Just in case you haven't read them yet, please do, Toms threads below in my post for proper care and housing of a sulcata.

Like wellington said, those won't burn the eye's, but a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) is better at night because it gives off no light at all. The one's known to burn the eye's are the coil type compact UV bulbs.

ccalderon

Re: Lightning question

I use a uva/uvb I also got him the che bulb today. Thanks for the advice:)