Lighting suggestions

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Sorry for the slight delay, hopefully Alex’s response cleared things up a bit, but yeah I’d generally try to avoid them if you can and look round for the incandescent reptile floodlight

NationMostWanted

CA
Correct. No halogens, no spots bulbs, no mercury vapor bulbs and no cfl type UV bulbs.
I was able to grab one of the arcadia ones alex showed me. Some reviews are the site are not that great hopefully it works out. But noticed in stores there is not much available.

Reactions: Tom

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I was able to grab one of the arcadia ones alex showed me. Some reviews are the site are not that great hopefully it works out. But noticed in stores there is not much available.
Reviews about reliability are mostly because of bad shipping: you should not shake and drop incandescent lamps (tungsten spiral is fragile).

Delivery and warehouse guys are often unaware of such requirements. That's how I've got my UVB tube delivered (thin glass tube containing mercury). Another tube was thrown over the fence because truck driver was in hurry...

Attachments

• PXL_20240806_111745924.jpg
    PXL_20240806_111745924.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is really nothing left in any store here in CA. For a few years I would buy up everything I could fine while out of state, but I'm slowly using those up...

I don't know what we are all going to do when we just can't get them anymore. Hopefully the reptile companies, like Arcadia, will keep it going for a while. If not, the best compromise I can come up with is a two fixtures side by side with a LED in one and a CHE in the other. Probably have to run the CHE on a dimmer switch. This is not ideal, but it might be all we've got.

NationMostWanted

CA
Reviews about reliability are mostly because of bad shipping: you should not shake and drop incandescent lamps (tungsten spiral is fragile).

Delivery and warehouse guys are often unaware of such requirements. That's how I've got my UVB tube delivered (thin glass tube containing mercury). Another tube was thrown

There is really nothing left in any store here in CA. For a few years I would buy up everything I could fine while out of state, but I'm slowly using those up...

I don't know what we are all going to do when we just can't get them anymore. Hopefully the reptile companies, like Arcadia, will keep it going for a while. If not, the best compromise I can come up with is a two fixtures side by side with a LED in one and a CHE in the other. Probably have to run the CHE on a dimmer switch. This is not ideal, but it might be all we've got.
Well if arcadia has these and they work I don't mind running to store to get them as they go out. It would suck if it's not in stock and have wait days to ship them.