Lighting suggestions

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
I'll monitor the next day or two what my humidity is and I'll see if I need to do that. Thanks for the help. I added some water and unless my gauge is completely off it was staying around 96F at basking spot, 80-85 in warm area and 80 in cool area. Humidity was reading at a little over 70%
Not a bad start temp wise! Once you get your digital monitor you’ll know for sure, those sound pretty good day temps to me🙂

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I turned everythjng off an hour ago for sleep so i just went to check and saw now temps has dropped to 75-78 but humidity is now up to 80s?
That's normal. Hygrometers show relative humidity - how much air is saturated with water vapour before water starts condensing. Cool air can hold less moisture, hot air - more. As temperatures drop and air still has the same amount of water vapour - relative humidity rises. So it's expected and a good sign

NationMostWanted

CA
Yeah don’t worry, as Alex explained that’s normal🙂
Progress update: Found out my digital gauge was off vs the analog one.

Testing for two days, after adding water into my mulch. I been staying about 65-70 humidty in the daytime and nights with lights off I'm staying about 70-80%. I'm trying figure out how often I'm supposed to add more water or just monitor if humidity starts to drop? Initially with no/little water it was around 45-50%.

Last edited:

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK

Testing for two days, after adding water into my mulch. I been staying about 65-70 humidty in the daytime and nights with lights off I'm staying about 70-80%. I'm trying figure out how often I'm supposed to add more water or just monitor if humidity starts to drop? Initially with no/little water it was around 45-50%.
Did you add a topper/foil? Without one, with the open top you have, you aren’t going to be able to maintain the humidity needed during the day and will have to constantly top it up, with a closed chamber, provided the bottom is nice and damp when you’ve done a lukewarm pour, you won’t need to touch it for weeks sometimes, ours lasts ages🙂

NationMostWanted

CA
Did you add a topper/foil? Without one, with the open top you have, you aren’t going to be able to maintain the humidity needed during the day and will have to constantly top it up, with a closed chamber, provided the bottom is nice and damp when you’ve done a lukewarm pour, you won’t need to touch it for weeks sometimes, ours lasts ages🙂
No I haven't decided if I wanted to do foil yet. I don't mind adding water every few days to top it for now.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus

You can mix top and bottom substrate layers once in a while - this prevents excess water gathering at the bottom, better saturates substrate and prevent dust on top layer. I do it once a month or two.

Usually, you need to add water once in a week or two, when humidity drops. Too much water is not really good - you need moist substrate, not a bog.