Live action!! Yee Yee Yee Yee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I was just wondering what everyone thinks of the turtle man on call of the wild man?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
It's on animal planet every Sunday, he is nuts. It's a fun show tho, I love that he has a soft spot for turtles.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
But I don't like the way he picks up the snappers. He sometimes holds them by the plastron, with his fingers sticking into the soft parts near the legs.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
emysemys said:
But I don't like the way he picks up the snappers. He sometimes holds them by the plastron, with his fingers sticking into the soft parts near the legs.

Funny you mention this, I just read an article last night on snapping turtles. It said they can bend their necks all the way around to reach their feet and the best way to pick them up was the plastron, I thought, what are you supposed to do, balance it?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
I don't like the fact that he steps on their heads to pick them up either, but he recused a pond of snappers on his show one day, and also saves them from turtle poachers, so even tho he's not as gentle ad he should be, I'd rather he get them to safety. It's so mean how people catch the snappers for their meat, they use hooks attached to a milk jug and when the get Hooked the jug keeps them from diving deep into the mud and the usually die from it :(.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Yes it is very silly good for a laugh, I wade rivers a lot for fishing and I once seen two 40lb snappers fighting over territory it was kinda neat to see in real life.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I have seen the show and like it. Good to see we still have some hillbillies left out in the world. My wife hates it;)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
He's crazy for picking up some of those animals with his bare hands! But hey it's his hands not mine.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
It's ridiculous but funny. I really don't know the correct way to pick up a snapper but have been bite by a little one a few years ago trying to save it from the road.. Stitches and shots later, im going to step lightly on whatever part will bite no before I save it again.. Btw, I keep a towel in my car now so I can cover the head and not get so dirty just in case it does get me... Keep in mind the town I live in is called Lakeland saving these suckers in a Dailey thing!

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
I love it, I think I need to start a no kill pest removal here in Nebraska...

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
haha he's awesome...lols i watched his youtube videos before he ever got his tv show......i think it's called turtle man....or gatorade for turtleman lols.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
i don't know this tv show does anyone have a link ?

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
It's on animal planet every Sunday and on labor day they are are having two new episodes back to back :) he does have some YouTube videos you can just search turtle man catches an alligator snapper he's so animated.

Crystal2807 said:
I love it, I think I need to start a no kill pest removal here in Nebraska...

He may be a little rough with the animals but hey he always takes them some place safe after he rescues them. And if you can start it kudos to you!

AustinASU said:
haha he's awesome...lols i watched his youtube videos before he ever got his tv show......i think it's called turtle man....or gatorade for turtleman lols.

I'll have to look those up :)

Julius25 said:
i don't know this tv show does anyone have a link ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOXyxLJna1c&feature=fvwrel
its not the best this is before he got his show on animal planet, the show is called call of the wildman its on every sunday on animal planet.

Julius25

5 Year Member
France
this guy is crazy !!!
but the video are amazing
thanks for the links ;)
i think i will watch some other episode of CALL OF THE WILDMAN when i will finish working

Status
Not open for further replies.