Long Fire

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I love hearing about the special teams, massive coordinating etc. I'm especially happy every time one of these "congraflations" takes place and no one here is personally affected.

you guys got heart though........i don't live where the earth shakes, burns or blows up mountain tops and the only thing I need to see seep out the ground is water.

"Spidy senses" or your "gut" is correct far more often than your brain is, isn't it???...amazing how filtering out concious thought makes things so obvious

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I love hearing about the special teams, massive coordinating etc. I'm especially happy every time one of these "congraflations" takes place and no one here is personally affected.

you guys got heart though........i don't live where the earth shakes, burns or blows up mountain tops and the only thing I need to see seep out the ground is water.

"Spidy senses" or your "gut" is correct far more often than your brain is, isn't it???...amazing how filtering out concious thought makes things so obvious
WELL SAID
and Thank You!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca

As I just started thinking about this, I thought some may find this interesting.

Years ago I had the opportunity to work for a relative of 1 of the "Founding Families" that was involved with the beginning of the logging operations in CA. Incredible to hear and learn about, I was amazed at the obstacles overcome with little to no technology. In 1 of the "Clearing" jobs (where we made piles of Giant Trees to be burned) the Boss told me about a tree that decays naturally. If a tree is allowed to rot and return to the earth it actually releases more "Bad Things" than if it were to be burned. Another thing I learned on that job was how terrible our Forest Management is in CA and the US in general.
When Washington was president here in the US you could ride through the forest on horseback, now you'll have trouble just walking through the forest. Point being this ... 2 hundred years ago we didn't fight forest fires at all, now we fight every one. Naturally the fires would burn all the branches from ground to 10-12 feet off the ground, and extinguish themselves. Now the fires burn the whole damn tree and go on for what seems like eternity and we are "Fighting" them. Doesn't sound like we know what the heck we are doing.