Long time coming info

Tortshell123

Location (City and/or State)
Gloucester
Hi everyone, need some advice...
I have a horse field tortoise that I have had since a young baby, now around 6 years old.
always been so fussy with greens and vegtables and always had commercial pelleted food most of the time as reluctant to eat anything else.
I’m not sure what I should be feeding her every day or what types of veg etc just need some advice on what give and how to get there to eat these foods :)
Recently hasn’t pooped in 2 weeks bit worried but finally today after 30 min soak she has popped but rather solid than soft, guess constipation, could this be due to dehydration?

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Welcome! Give this care sheet a read...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone, need some advice...
I have a horse field tortoise that I have had since a young baby, now around 6 years old.
always been so fussy with greens and vegtables and always had commercial pelleted food most of the time as reluctant to eat anything else.
I’m not sure what I should be feeding her every day or what types of veg etc just need some advice on what give and how to get there to eat these foods :)
Recently hasn’t pooped in 2 weeks bit worried but finally today after 30 min soak she has popped but rather solid than soft, guess constipation, could this be due to dehydration?
Hello and welcome.

Food is just one element of the equation. Space, hydration, substrate, temperatures, and lighting are all factors too.