Look what I got this morning!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
My niece turned 21 today so to celebrate her birthday, I got me a new tortoise! And here she is! DSCN0938 (640x480).jpgDSCN0939 (640x480).jpgDSCN0940 (640x480).jpg

Isn't she pretty. She is a tiny little thing about 5 inches. I can't wait till the weather warms up and I can get her out into the garden!

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Saleama said:
My niece turned 21 today so to celebrate her birthday, I got me a new tortoise! And here she is!

Isn't she pretty. She is a tiny little thing about 5 inches. I can't wait till the weather warms up and I can get her out into the garden!

It's her Birthday but you got yourself a new Tortoise?

I like the way you celebrate other people's Birthday. I shall learn to do that! ! !

Good for you! ! ! ! !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Boy I hope your extended family has a lot of birthdays. :D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Can I get myself a tortoise for your birthday? lol she looks great

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
She is beautiful! I think I need to get a tortoise for your nieces birthday lol

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
LOL, I joke with my nieces and nephews all the time. My oldest niece got me some rocks from the driveway when she was 2 and until this year, never got me anything for birthday or Christmas again. This year I got a macaroon kit and a cook book by the way. So I told them that I will no longer get them gifts but instead get myself gifts on their birthdays. My youngest nephew does not count as he is 9 and gets me a happy meal tay every year. Anyway, I got 2 beautiful leopards for my younger nieces birthday in July and for my oldest nephew, I got two more leopard tortoises (from Greg T) in October ( I believe). So, for Ashley's 21st I found a pretty little female Russian tortoise for myself!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I already had my birthday early last month and I got myself a 20 gallon long for baby box turtles (there are 5 of them) and a 20 gallon tall kit (for future babies or maybe a water turtle or two) and I plan on hitting the Arlington reptile show in two weeks and either getting another female russian tortoise or getting some baby painted turtles and a musk or two as well since it was a monumental birthday (45) and I think I deserve it.
And I do have a problem Laura. I love turtles. I will tell you that I am firmly convinced that they have turned my health around. I have no more high blood pressure, no more bad cholesterol no more streess and anxiety and my blood suger is way down (I'm diabetic) which I attribute to the relaxing routine of feeding and bathing these guys. I also garden and build things for them and I go out to stores and look for things to make their enclosures better, both for them and for me. For example, I am going to figure out how to make a second floor on my Leopards' table this weekend and try and plant some stuff in the Sulcatas' table in such a way that they can enjoy it but not kill the crap out of anything I plant in with them. I'm thinking about planting behind the barriers I use to eliminate the corners.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For the plants, you can leave them in tall pots the tortoises can't climb up into to eat the plants off. You can plant in hanging type planters, planters along the top like a window box or have the pot outside the enclosure. With any of these, if you grow the right plants, the ends can fall into the enclosure for the tortoises to eat (more like trim) and not damage the entire plant.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I like your way of thinking:D. I just might have to start doing it like that. Hey, for every birthday of a forum member, we should all buy ourselves a new tortoise:p :D
Nice move on the Russian.

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
Ohhh painted turtles are the bomb diggity. My first shelled friend was a eastern painted turtle.

Attachments

• 1391651942144.jpg
    1391651942144.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 46

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Saleama said:
I love turtles. I will tell you that I am firmly convinced that they have turned my health around. I have no more high blood pressure, no more bad cholesterol no more streess and anxiety and my blood suger is way down (I'm diabetic) which I attribute to the relaxing routine of feeding and bathing these guys. I also garden and build things for them and I go out to stores and look for things to make their enclosures better, both for them and for me.

Stephen, you nailed this down perfectly. Fabulous stress relief, exercises the mind and the body. Perfect.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
TortieLuver said:
She looks great...congrats:) I concur with Wellington:)

I can barely keep up with buying for my nieces and nephews birthdays let alone everyone on here. I also get new born box turtles out of the turtle garden every summer and rescue any box turtles I can from craigslist. My living room has a love seat and two huge wooden crates. The one for me the others for my turtles and tortoises, lol.