looking for a tortoise for my tortoise

Nala

Location (City and/or State)
Brampton Ontario Canada
hi everyone,

My tortoise name is Angel, I had her for 10 years. Angel had a friend who died two years ago.
I fell she's lonely, I'm looking for a friend to make her happy.
Is anyone can help me find her a friend, preferably a boy.

Thank u.

image.jpeg

Melis

Maryland
hi everyone,

My tortoise name is Angel, I had her for 10 years. Angel had a friend who died two years ago.
I fell she's lonely, I'm looking for a friend to make her happy.
Is anyone can help me find her a friend, preferably a boy.

Thank u.
Welcome nala.
It is best to start your own threads when you have questions.
But in regards to your current question, tortoises do not get lonely and do not do well in pairs as one will become the dominant and the other the submissive. This will cause stress and will impact the health. Adding a male could exacerbate this as he could also harass her for mating. People on this forum will recommend you always keep two torts separate from one another.

Nala

Brampton Ontario Canada
Welcome nala.
It is best to start your own threads when you have questions.
But in regards to your current question, tortoises do not get lonely and do not do well in pairs as one will become the dominant and the other the submissive. This will cause stress and will impact the health. Adding a male could exacerbate this as he could also harass her for mating. People on this forum will recommend you always keep two torts separate from one another.

Hi Melis, thank you very much for your comments and advice, I appreciate it. I'm very sorry I don't know how to get my own thread.
I'm new to the club.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

I've been trying to determine the species of your two tortoises from your other posts and the pictures, but I'm not able to. I do know, though, that the one that died was not the same species as Angel. And besides that, baby tortoises require more sensitive care than older tortoises.

If you want to get another tortoise, by all means, get one. But bear in mind that Angel is a solitary animal. She neither wants nor needs another tortoise in her enclosure. You're putting human feelings on a tortoise. She's not lonely. She doesn't miss the baby that died.

It would be a good idea for you to read the care sheet pinned at the top of the section for Angel's species.