Looking for Aldabra in hawaii

Mauiwowie

Location (City and/or State)
HI
Aloha,
We have a sulcata that we rescued a few years ago. He has been living a great life out here!

My family and I have been looking for an Aldabra out here in Maui. Just wondering if anyone knows about any breeders or looking to send one to a good home?

Please let me know

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just an fyi. They can not live with a sulcata. The sulcata will injure or kill a much more mild Aldabra.

Mauiwowie

HI
Just an fyi. They can not live with a sulcata. The sulcata will injure or kill a much more mild Aldabra.
Yeah man I understand…

The topic of my post was simply looking for a breeder in the Hawaiian islands…

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yeah man I understand…

The topic of my post was simply looking for a breeder in the Hawaiian islands…
I don't know of any that has showed up on the forum. Hopefully if there is, they will see this.
Good luck.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
I'd think an Aldabra would do great in Hawaii. I'd be surprised if there are not any breeders or keepers there.

If you do not find one in HI, it looks like shipping one to the islands is doable. Here's a thread where a few experienced members discuss it:

Tortoisesupply.com might be one option, since they have Aldabras and have experience with HI shipping, based on their FAQ. Unfortunately they do not seem to have any in stock at the moment, but you might contact them. They are based in Las Vegas, so that's a more reasonable shipping distance than say FL. They have a good reputation on this forum.

fras

United States
Aloha,
We have a sulcata that we rescued a few years ago. He has been living a great life out here!

My family and I have been looking for an Aldabra out here in Maui. Just wondering if anyone knows about any breeders or looking to send one to a good home?

Please let me know
have you checked local rescues? I would like to know as well as visiting hawaii