Looking for experienced breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kigi

5 Year Member
Looking to build a greenhouse 16x40 to house and breed Redfoots and Cherry Heads along with my nursery stock (using all organics of coarse). I have two redfoots that are about 2 years old and was wondering how big of a colony would work and how many males per female ratio. My goal is to have the greenhouse with a "doggy door" flap to an outdoor enclosure 60'x40'. I have started the ground work with my tractor and getting real stoked for this lifelong adventure! Looking for any advise on the best bloodlines available and success with this type of operation in the Pacific Northwest?

Tree Man Going Tortoise
kiginursery.com

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Quite an endeavor you have set out for your self. Sounds pretty cool to me. We have many experienced red foot breeders here. Hope you find what you need from them.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I am an experienced breeder... well I do have four kids. :p :D What kind of nursery? Looks like trees?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kigi:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Kigi

5 Year Member
Name is Justen

Thank you for the greetings!

Yes trees are what we sell, Japanese Maples, Dwarf Conifers... I really would like to establish some strong quality bloodlines of the South American Beauties here in the Northwest. I tackled the tree business and now want to take on my other boyhood fantasy of a tortoise compound, taking the little guys to local schools and such for education, and also having the public come out to our place to learn about tortoises. And yes create a strong breeding program for the better of the captive breeding community, so far I have not found anyone in the Northwest with a strong breeding program. The two redfoots I saved from Petco and the pyramiding I bought them with is just making me sick.

Tree Man Going Tortoise
kiginursery.com

Status
Not open for further replies.