Looking for tort food in bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvergsx

5 Year Member
As it says I can get her to eat clover and these rep cal tort pellets. Im trying to find a place that I can buy this in bulk for a decent deal. ten bucks for a little jar that last 3 days is kind of pricey. Ive tried greens and a couple other foods with no success. Any tips or ideas on bulk food Thanks Ronnie

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
If you have a feed store or a country store somewhere nearby they might be able to order the mazuri for you. I think mazuri is affiliated with purina so if they sell purina they should be able to special order some. Its worth looking into IMO.

silvergsx

5 Year Member
Sulcata I pmd him but have heard nothing back as far as age have no idea was told 8 to 10 but not shure

moswen

5 Year Member
I know you didn't ask this but no matter the species of your tort it's never a good idea to feed specifically factorized (my spell check is telling me that's not even a word haha!) foods, your tort needs fresh greens and other things depending on the type of tort it is. If you could tell us we'd all be happy to point you down the path of good eats, healthy torts, and better prices! And lots of us have dealt with picky eaters so you can pick up plenty of pointers on how to get your "child" to eat healthier foods! Welcome to the forum!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Sulcatas eat a lot of grass, so buy a bale of good quality hay ($5 to $15, depending when and where you get it), which is simply food-grade grass for livestock...depending on how large your sulcata is, a bale might last a few weeks to a few months.

Some sulcatas prefer hay soaked, some sulcatas prefer it dry...you can also mix hay w/ tort chow, so she'll recognize it, if she doesn't immediately.

Also, try her on cactus pads (many grocers carry 'em)...

silvergsx

5 Year Member
the past day or so shes started eating greens with great luck. the pellets is just for additional to have in case is needed I live
out in the country and during winter sometimes only get out once a month being disabled.
Im going to be making a new pen for shelly tomorrow. Going to be a indoor pin since winter will be here before you know it. 4 foot by 8 foot. going to use reptial bark going to make it decently deep and still use some of the peat. I have a peat moss right now but its so dusty making the newly painted room a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.