10 Y.O. Sulcata looking to re-home. Free. Central Florida Area

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
New members must have participated in at least 100 posts before they are allowed to "sell" on the forum, however, if you don't want to sell and just adopt out the tortoise, you can prepare an ad and put it in our "Adoption" section.

It would be a good idea to also show pictures of the underside of the tortoise so members can see if it's male or female.

bogart69

Oviedo
Hi, We are looking to re-home our 10 y.o Sulcata. We live in central Florida and prefer pick-up. Let us know if you have any questions. Experienced owners only. Pictures available upon request. We believe it's a female.

If anyone knows a rescue or shelter in Central Florida where we can bring her please let us know.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi, We are looking to re-home our 10 y.o Sulcata. We live in central Florida and prefer pick-up. Let us know if you have any questions. Experienced owners only. Pictures available upon request. We believe it's a female.

If anyone knows a rescue or shelter in Central Florida where we can bring her please let us know.
pictures might help...

bogart69

Oviedo
New members must have participated in at least 100 posts before they are allowed to "sell" on the forum, however, if you don't want to sell and just adopt out the tortoise, you can prepare an ad and put it in our "Adoption" section.

It would be a good idea to also show pictures of the underside of the tortoise so members can see if it's male or female.
Hi Yvonne. Thanks. We put the post up in the auctions section. I did not see an option to actually attach a photo but we can email them to anyone who is interested. If you are aware of any shelters or rescues in the Central Florida area please let us know.

bogart69

Oviedo

pictures might help...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Aside from YOU showing pictures, ask any prospective new owner for photos of where and how they intend to keep him/her.
Beware of brand new members inquiring about any free tortoise. They materialize out of nowhere and their intentions are unknown to us. They might be the petfect match. Or it could be someone wanting a tortoise on a whim. With little thought or a plan on the huge commitment it requires.
It might even be someone wanting to grab and re sell.
Ask questions. Meet in person. Trust your feelings

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

Research any "rescues" that may contact you.
Most aren't what I'd consider rescues. Its an issue that ticks me off.

Turtlegirl828

West palm beach, fl

bogart69

Oviedo
Hello,

I have a 20 year old sulcata (male) - his name is Jean 😊 i live in west palm beach - i can pick up - have great acreage- let me know!
Hi, sounds great. Let me know when it's good for you to come over. Can you also send a picture of your yard. Just want to be sure Peter will be in good hands.

Turtlegirl828

West palm beach, fl
Hi, sounds great. Let me know when it's good for you to come over. Can you also send a picture of your yard. Just want to be sure Peter will be in good hands.
Hello, sorry - i read that you thought it was possibly a female, but then i looked at the spears so it appears to be a male, i am not interested in another male because i don’t want to get Jean in a fight or shock his environment. However if you are aware of any 10yr plus female sulcatas that need a home in florida - i am here 😊

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Just know they can't be kept in pairs in a single enclosure regardless of the gender....

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Tortoise Forum recommends that you need to have made 100 posts to adopt out and 100 posts to adopt...There are people who will take a 'free' tort and sell it on the black market. Please read and follow the rules...Seriously....I am not a moderator, just a Sulcata person, giving a tort to someone you haven't met or you haven't seen where the tort will live is wrong...there are people who take them to eat...there are rules for a reason...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Tortoise Forum recommends that you need to have made 100 posts to adopt out and 100 posts to adopt...There are people who will take a 'free' tort and sell it on the black market. Please read and follow the rules...Seriously....I am not a moderator, just a Sulcata person, giving a tort to someone you haven't met or you haven't seen where the tort will live is wrong...there are people who take them to eat...there are rules for a reason...
@Maggie3fan i thought that was to sell, not adopt?

brittanyy

FL
Hello! If you still have this tortoise, I’d love to adopt them! please let me know!
I would like to add that I am located in Central Fl as well so if you’d like to come see my yard and the enclosure, meet my family, etc., you’re more than welcome to! I’m very interested!

bogart69

Oviedo
I would like to add that I am located in Central Fl as well so if you’d like to come see my yard and the enclosure, meet my family, etc., you’re more than welcome to! I’m very interested!
Hi, just some pictures of where he will live and an understanding of his habits is fine. If you are near Oviedo maybe we could stop by.

He grazes and wants to dig. Otherwise, he's easy to care for. He's terrific.