Loose Stool After Soak

Cicitina

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
I’m wondering if this is normal for my tort as he’s always done this. He has normal stools in his enclosure but for some reason after every soak he lets out a big wet plop.
He absolutely HATES his baths so is this just his reaction to his distress?
Sometimes he waits for me to clean him up and place him in his enclosure before letting it out and smears himself with it. I’ve now learned to wait for him to let one out before putting him back in

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Has he eaten anything that could have had a laxative effect e.g. cucumber, iceberg lettuce, too much cactus etc ?

Many people wait for their torts to poop in the water because it's easier to clean up.
If you have a second tray of clean water ready for when it happens you can just pop him in that to clean him up.

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
Has he eaten anything that could have had a laxative effect e.g. cucumber, iceberg lettuce, too much cactus etc ?

Many people wait for their torts to poop in the water because it's easier to clean up.
If you have a second tray of clean water ready for when it happens you can just pop him in that to clean him up.
He never poops in the water no matter how long I soak him. I don’t give him anything regularly that can act as a laxative, only yesterday a small piece of aloe but that’s a once in a while treat

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

I was just wondering how long you are soaking? Is the water temp warm enough, water deep enough & soaking tub large enough to swim about?

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
Greetings.

I was just wondering how long you are soaking? Is the water temp warm enough, water deep enough & soaking tub large enough to swim about?
I soak about 20 minutes in a large Tupperware and the water reaches over his marginal scutes