Stress???

tortgirl123

Yesterday here in north Texas was nice and 75 ish I brought Hercules outside to graze and exercise for about 15 minutes. He loved it! After that we came in and had a long soak when I put him back in the enclosure he ran literally as fast as his little legs could carry him back to his hide. Didn't even notice the food I had set out for him. I've noticed him doing this before after I give him a soak but he will usually stop for food first before he goes to sleep. Is this normal? I've had him for about three weeks now, is he just stressed from being out so long? Thanks for the help! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
tortgirl123 said:
Yesterday here in north Texas was nice and 75 ish I brought Hercules outside to graze and exercise for about 15 minutes. He loved it! After that we came in and had a long soak when I put him back in the enclosure he ran literally as fast as his little legs could carry him back to his hide. Didn't even notice the food I had set out for him. I've noticed him doing this before after I give him a soak but he will usually stop for food first before he goes to sleep. Is this normal? I've had him for about three weeks now, is he just stressed from being out so long? Thanks for the help! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Dont know why they do this, but my tort does the same thing. I once had a thought that maybe the light levels indoors are so much lower than outdoors that the tort may think it was getting dark and time for bed.