Lost crested!!!

milkandsam

5 Year Member
I have a gecko that has been housed in his enclosure for about 2 months, and today when I went to check on him, he was gone! I have pulled all the leaves out and the moss at the bottom... no luck. Any ideas on how to catch him? I have looked everywhere high and looked anywhere I thought he might be hiding!! Tonight we will put out food dishes and watch them in case he comes out and eats from them.. any other thoughts???

Skymall007

5 Year Member
I am so sorry =( I hope you find him. While it may be a bit risky to do, you can have a dog come in. Dogs find reptile smells really funny so they tend to go right to the source. That is how my tort. was found in the yard once. Some dog breeds are better than others at it but I imagine most dogs could do it.

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plainfield, IN
Oh no! Try putting the food in his enclosure same as always and leaving the door open. Hopefully when he gets hungry he will go to the spot he always gets fed in. I hope you find him!

milkandsam

5 Year Member
I found him!! He was in his enclosure the whole time! My fiancé and I had both checked it and taken everything out.. except the moss that we had pushed around. No luck, expected him to be in the leaves. Double checked again after taking my apartment apart... He was buried in the dirt under the moss.... so glad he's ok!!

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
Glad you found him! They are very good at hiding, especially the little ones.

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Yes! He is just always hanging out in the leaves!!dunno why he was on the ground under the moss!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Sometimes they do that looking for high humidity and/ or cooler areas.