lost sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenazfehu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puget Sound
He dug himself a nice trench under the fence of his outdoor enclosure, and I can't find him. I've put up notices all around our area, have searched over and over again, and will call the local vets today. What else should I do?

Also, do sulcatas stick to a territory or do they just keep going further and further away?

The temps have been around 80 during the day around here but have dipped to the 50s at night. Will this kill him?

I'm frantic with worry!

Oh, and he's about dinner plate size, weighs about 10 pounds.

Love4tortoises

5 Year Member
Mission Viejo, CA
Don't give up! I am sure you have seen other people post threads about losing their babies too, but they have found them. Look EVERY WHERE! They are really really good hiders so try and think like a tortoise and where they might hide. Good luck and I really hope you bring him home soon! :)

Kenazfehu

5 Year Member
Puget Sound
I'll keep looking. We have a park with a small, man-made lake near my home, and there is a lot of thick undergrowth around 3/4 of the lake - tall weeds, bushes. If he goes there, I don't think it will be possible to find him.

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
Try to get out and walk around when the morning sun starts warming the area. You might see him out grazing or warming up. Talk to all your neighbors and put the word out to EVERYONE. Chances are someone will see him out grazing or wandering & you want them know he's yours. Check the recessed areas below basement windows, torts can fall in these and become trapped. Also look to see if he has gotten into the crawlspace under your or nearby homes (premade burrows). Keep looking, you've got a few summer months- but obviously he won't make it thru the winter if he doesn't turn up. Good luck.
--Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.