Lowes Garden Center..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
They are selling out thier Raised Gardens. Plastic solid boards that make a about a 4 foot square. about 5 inches high.. and they can be stacked to make them taller..
It would make a gret hatchling outdoor pen or russian pen..
They were on sale for $17 today... normally $34 i think..

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
Yea when i saw them at hd for $30 i wanted to get one for my baby sullies i may go bak and get 1

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
I got this one at Home Depot a few weeks back for less than $20. All I did was stacked up pallets to create a base then framed it with bamboo. I will post pics tomorrow after the rain stops, but I planted clover, dandelion, and chia seeds 3 days ago and now I have a little forest going!! I plan on using bamboo garden edgers to enclose it.

cosmos001.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tico, that looks great. It will male a great outdoor sunning pen for a small tort. Like a baby leopard, for example.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
It will be an outdoor pen for my tort once I get him. That is what the bamboo garden edger will be for, they have them at most garden stores and it's usually not to expensive.

This is from Home Depot. It is 8"X27" (should be good for a hatchling to juvenile as far as strength will go)
bamboo.jpg

Thanks. I can't wait Tom, my wife and I are like kids counting down the days till Christmas!! We are excited to be getting such a well started hatchling from the "Tortoise Guru"...

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks Laura

Nice Tico

I may have to go get some for the baby tortoises I will acquire this winter haha

Also those are great for those who want to grow various greens/weeds for their tortoises.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Here is what a few days of rain will do for new growth!! San Diego has had such off weather this year, but it never hurts to be a little more green. I probably went a bit overboard on the seeding but I figure I can transplant over to another planter that I built. Inside so far is white clover, chia, dandelion, cosmos, and marigold.

Here's before:
cosmos001.jpg

And a couple after:
1287693703756-1-1.jpg

1287693745958-1.jpg

I will keep pics posted as I convert it into more of an outdoor enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.