Maggie's box turtles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I'm always taking pictures of my box turtles but it's too much trouble to post them. I was already posting pix of Bob's wound so I didn't have any excuse not to post them. I have 3-toed and Ornata in the same large tort table and this one Ornate sleeps like this, but she woke up as the flash went off...

9a5zqs.jpg

15o9eys.jpg

They are a pretty group...

10oqrls.jpg

Evil eye...this is one of my favorite females. My other favorite is the 3-legged one....

2gsigih.jpg

I think this is a real pretty 3 toed also. Her carapace is especially pretty when it's wet...

2zq4mtl.jpg

1sbcl2.jpg

This is their new outside digs on the left...On the right is for my smaller tortoises...

34nrtap.jpg

Well, I am tired of fighting with tinypics, it's really hard to work tonight. But I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my box turtles...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love the little sleeping face sticking out. They are very nice. Glad you posted the pics. I have never seen them, only Bob, who I might add has a great face, very handsome:D

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I have 2 ttbt and one ornate in a enclosure together. I find that the ornate is a messy little turtle!..I fix it up and she spends a few hours pulling all the plants out and moving the log hides. then when she is tuckered out she buries under the dirt......she's my most active..the 3toes just lounge around

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
i agree with post number 5, ive even taken pictures and play the little game spot the turtle :) lol whay i like most is placing the most livly little morsal a few inches away and watch has seriosly fast they blast out of the dirt and nail their prey, you'd think they were hunting :)

Very Very VERY nice three toed you have there maggie :) what all do you have over there in corvallis? the ttbt the two obt's and what else? no pics required just wondering though :)

i had to sub over in the corvallis post office this past week... what a nightmare. :) LOL

M

Maggie Cummings

turtlemann2 said:
i agree with post number 5, ive even taken pictures and play the little game spot the turtle :) lol whay i like most is placing the most livly little morsal a few inches away and watch has seriosly fast they blast out of the dirt and nail their prey, you'd think they were hunting :)

Very Very VERY nice three toed you have there maggie :) what all do you have over there in corvallis? the ttbt the two obt's and what else? no pics required just wondering though :)

i had to sub over in the corvallis post office this past week... what a nightmare. :) LOL

I have the 3 toed and Ornata that you saw, I have another Ornate female who had her leg cut off by a lawnmower...that's kind of an interesting story if I can make it short...I got a phone call from a woman at the humane society in Bend telling me they had a 3 legged blind Russian tortoise but they don't take reptiles in and don't know how to care for tortoises...So I made the journey over the Cascades and found it was a female T. ornata ornata not a male Russian at all. She is not blind now and all I did was put Terramycin eye ointment in her eyes 3 times a day...That stuff is a miracle stuff. Anyhow, she's a beautiful Ornate with almost white skin she see's just fine. She does have a hard time getting around but she works it out...
I was at the PO last week. Did you work the counter?

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
thats quite the story, wow you drove far to go and rescue the little girl, how did they get your number? were you like the oregon turtlelady lol its a great thing she came to you it sounds like she is getting the care she needs,

terrimycin is amazing and the best part is that you and i or anybody can buy it on amazon :) the one i bought was written in turkish but is had an english translation, my vet also sells me gentimicin without an office visit and etc so thats good :)

and no i didnt work the counter, im a rural carrier they had me deliver 3rd street south of downtown and rivergreen road over by the wreaking yard AND a defferant route off of lewisburg road all the way on the other side of town, it was a late night :(

M

Maggie Cummings

OMGosh! I live just a few blocks over off Lewisburg road on Elliott Circle. You really need to stop by. I don't have too many chelonia left now, but seeing Bob is always fun...

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
OMGosh! I live just a few blocks over off Lewisburg road on Elliott Circle. You really need to stop by. I don't have too many chelonia left now, but seeing Bob is always fun...

LOL what a small world it is! yeah they had me go off of lewisburg road at concord and since i was a sub they had me in a mail truck, im sure youve been up concord and over by soap creek and millersburg road... yeah not somthing a LLV should be driving on it was late it was dark and i was lost LOL

ill let you know next time im in town and we will see if we cant get together :)

Bob is your giant sulcata right?

M

Maggie Cummings

turtlemann2 said:
maggie3fan said:

LOL what a small world it is! yeah they had me go off of lewisburg road at concord and since i was a sub they had me in a mail truck, im sure youve been up concord and over by soap creek and millersburg road... yeah not somthing a LLV should be driving on it was late it was dark and i was lost LOL

ill let you know next time im in town and we will see if we cant get together :)

Bob is your giant sulcata right?

Well, I don't consider Bob as "giant" but he is large...and he is mine...:p

Sophie5914

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
I'm always taking pictures of my box turtles but it's too much trouble to post them. I was already posting pix of Bob's wound so I didn't have any excuse not to post them. I have 3-toed and Ornata in the same large tort table and this one Ornate sleeps like this, but she woke up as the flash went off...

They are a pretty group...

Evil eye...this is one of my favorite females. My other favorite is the 3-legged one....

I think this is a real pretty 3 toed also. Her carapace is especially pretty when it's wet...

This is their new outside digs on the left...On the right is for my smaller tortoises...

Well, I am tired of fighting with tinypics, it's really hard to work tonight. But I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my box turtles...

Hi, I am looking forward to getting a small tortoise. But it has to be really small. It has to be fully grown and stay about 3-4 inches. I was thinking maybe a box turtle of some sort. But I am not sure...........................
Please Help! Remember small..............

-Sophie :)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Sophie5914 said:
Hi, I am looking forward to getting a small tortoise. But it has to be really small. It has to be fully grown and stay about 3-4 inches. I was thinking maybe a box turtle of some sort. But I am not sure...........................
Please Help! Remember small..............

-Sophie :)

I can't think of any box turtles that stay that small , maybe around 5 or 6 inches full grown ..

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
not many turtles only grow that small... the smaller spp. i can think of and easiest to care for would be a box turtle or a russian tortoise...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Maggie they are beautiful...I especially love the third picture...I think the little buried one is trying to be an ostrich neck....stretching as far as possible without actually having to come out...lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.