Major non eating problems with weird behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
yoyoyod said:
Just soaked him again the held him and offered pumpkin he took 2-3 bites and offered him spring mix and he ate 2 bites. He pooped this morning about a half inch long. He just refuses to eat even when I hold him. Leads me to believe he is not impacted because he pooped some today. Still I am not vet. I wish I could take him to a vet but have no money after losing my job. And I have no credit so a card is out too. This is just killing me...

Can anyone help me get him to a vet? I am desperate

Sending you a PM

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Whatever you do, don't return him to the breeder. He'll just let him die rather an be responsible and take him to a vet. Rather, I'd ask him to reimburse you for the vet's visit...provided that there's nothing life threatening. You'll get what you need to see a vet. Keep us posted.

yoyoyod said:
Just soaked him again the held him and offered pumpkin he took 2-3 bites and offered him spring mix and he ate 2 bites. He pooped this morning about a half inch long. He just refuses to eat even when I hold him. Leads me to believe he is not impacted because he pooped some today. Still I am not vet. I wish I could take him to a vet but have no money after losing my job. And I have no credit so a card is out too. This is just killing me...

Can anyone help me get him to a vet? I am desperate

Bobo's Dad

10 Year Member!
Louisville, Ohio
Thanks to a guardian angel right here on our forums (God bless) Bobo was able to go to the Vet!! The vet looked him over and ruled out an impaction and checked him all over said his eyes were puffy and watering so she gave him a shot of vit A and put this stuff down his throat to get rid of parasites if there is any and sent him on his way. My vet also owns 4 torts so she is a pro!! Now we wait. Thanks again to the person that helped with the vet!! I will keep you all posted!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That TFO support is amazing. Still, keep up the baby food soaks until he eats more freely on his own. So glad to hear there is not an impaction.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Great news. The TFO is doing what it can, but remember that they need donations to keep the work of rescuing torts and helping sick ones get the help they need. Please, everyone, contribute what you can.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
sibi said:
Great news. The TFO is doing what it can, but remember that they need donations to keep the work of rescuing torts and helping sick ones get the help they need. Please, everyone, contribute what you can.

But don't get TFO (the forum) confused with TRN (Tortoise Rescue Network). :) And TRN is not quite set up to take general donations yet, but if anyone really wants to contribute at this time, send me a PM.

Bobo's Dad

10 Year Member!
Louisville, Ohio
Just to let everyone know the money for his vet bill was paid by a member of the forums. Just a quick update!! Today I soaked bobo and when I took him out he went right to his kale and dandelion mix and started eating. I was such a proud poppa. I think he is on his road to recovery. I want to thank the tortoise forums for providing a place for us to come and discuss and strengthen each other. I believe without this forum there would be a lot on ill informed people. And also it shows people really care! Thanks again to the member who paid for bobo's vet bill. Lets all work together to keep a happy community of tortoise's. please do donate to the tortoise forum because we have a place to go to get answers and ideas. Thanks again family! Bobo sends his love also!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
oops...I did get it confused. I mean TRN for contributions guys. Thanks Erika.

shellysmom said:
sibi said:

But don't get TFO (the forum) confused with TRN (Tortoise Rescue Network). :) And TRN is not quite set up to take general donations yet, but if anyone really wants to contribute at this time, send me a PM.

Bobo's Dad

10 Year Member!
Louisville, Ohio
Update on Bobo- He finally pooped a ton. Like 6 pieces in one bath it was amazing! ha ha I know gross. Anyways his poop had pieces of bedding in it so I am thinking he might have been impacted. This all happened Monday. He had lost about 3/10ths of an ounce. Today when I woke up he was marching all around his enclosure waiting for food. I put down his food and he started eating for like 20 mins. He seems like he is doing alot better and he is eating and going to the bathroom. Just wanted to update everyone. The adventure continues...

:D :tort:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thanks for the update and I look forward to good updates and watching your tort. grow big and strong over the years!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm so happy to hear the lil one is doing fine. Keep us posted from time to time on his progress w/pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.