Make A Choice: One Of Two

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi guys! If your were to make a choice between your wife/husband/girl/boyfriend and your tort(s)/turtle(s) {or even
snake(s)/lizard(s)-UGH :(, then which or who for that matter would you choose? And don't say both!

A bit of an embarrasing question, is it not ;) ? Gentlemen, beware if your girlfriends/wives are around!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
If I were put in a position I had to make that choice, there is probably more wrong with my situation than can be fixed by giving up the animals.
Am I to understand that you'd choose the pets? :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Never choose a girlfriend/boyfriend, they most likely wouldn't be a forever thing and if they were considered a possible forever relationship, then they shouldn't be making you choose. If I were to choose the animals over my husbnd, well it's because things would be going on that would tell me this marriage isn't going to last anyway and that's probably why your being made to choose. Hope that helps YA, if that's what you were looking for.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I can't really imagine the sort of situation where I'd have to choose, but that wasn't the question anyway.
There's no contest: my husband is the love of my life and I would choose him. :p

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I have people at work ask if I sell my baby torts ? And I tell them I'd sell the wife first . My torts don't get mad over little things they are always happy . If I give the wife money she always wants more . The torts are happy eating weeds . And the torts if I stair at them they don't get angrey .

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
An impossible to answer question.
But I can't be quiet and find myself condemned to answer.
I agree with mikeylazy that ultimatums are never a good thing, but that is just chickening out of a hopefully theoretical and philosophical question.
I also agree with Yvonne, Barbara and Grandpa that the animals are your responsibility and never asked for this and that and that there must be a serious problem in the marriage to get this far. But it's a shallow response as marriage is also a commitment for life and should be worked at. Many people have given up on or sold reptiles on occasion too, often for good reason.
I also agree with Bea, in that wifey is the love of my life whom I could never give up.
Yet the problem is I am forbidden from choosing wifey and Tidgy. I can't have both.
So which to choose?
Firstly, I would offer myself. if those two could be happier together without me I would go.
But if this is cheating the question, i would take the only rational, sane scientific and human option.
Flip a coin.
Gillian, i sincerely hope this has never been a dilemma for you.

ShannonC

South Carolina
If you are given an ultimatum in a relationship and have to choose your partner or your pets, there is a serious problem.....take your pets and run!!

If there were a situation that for some reason forced me to choose to TAKE CARE OF my husband or my pets, that is an entirely different ball game. I would do whatever I had to do to take care of my husband and to make sure someone is taking care of my pets. I would give them up if it were necessary.

Luckily, I know I would never be given that ultimatum......we usually talk about what animals I bring in before I do it......and on the occasion that I just come home with something, he may not be happy about it, but he is accepting of it. He knew I was a huge animal lover when he met me, and I have not changed.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Yes. The animals didn't ask to be taken in by me and once I took them in, I committed to them for life.
One thing I an sure of: animals are sometimes more loyal than human beings.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
An impossible to answer question.
But I can't be quiet and find myself condemned to answer.
I agree with mikeylazy that ultimatums are never a good thing, but that is just chickening out of a hopefully theoretical and philosophical question.
I also agree with Yvonne, Barbara and Grandpa that the animals are your responsibility and never asked for this and that and that there must be a serious problem in the marriage to get this far. But it's a shallow response as marriage is also a commitment for life and should be worked at. Many people have given up on or sold reptiles on occasion too, often for good reason.
I also agree with Bea, in that wifey is the love of my life whom I could never give up.
Yet the problem is I am forbidden from choosing wifey and Tidgy. I can't have both.
So which to choose?
Firstly, I would offer myself. if those two could be happier together without me I would go.
But if this is cheating the question, i would take the only rational, sane scientific and human option.
Flip a coin.
Gillian, i sincerely hope this has never been a dilemma for you.
No dear no problem as far as I am concerned.....I am single and I don't have a boyfriend (which many people here do :mad:not believe). And I intend to remain single unless some miracle ;) takes place!

Notice, you went round in vicious circles without answering my question directly, unlike other members. Why? :rolleyes: Hmmm.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Animals for me. Always the animals. Every woman I've ever been involved with relationship wise or fun wise I tell first off they are not priority one in my life's outlook and endeavors. It sounds harsh and most don't like it. But when I do and can. I give them everything from time to affection when possible. But always the animals are my priority. No two people will ever be completely happy or perfect. It's a matter of both having an understanding and respect for that persons goals, admiration's, and priorities in life.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
No dear no problem as far as I am concerned.....I am single and I don't have a boyfriend (which many people here do :mad:not believe). And I intend to remain single unless some miracle ;) takes place!

Notice, you went round in vicious circles without answering my question directly, unlike other members. Why? :rolleyes: Hmmm.
Very gentle circles.
I am never vicious and neither are my circles.
And I did answer. Eventually.
Flip a coin.