Making a complete list...

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Can we get one of our senior, well informed and educated members (our maybe a few) to write up a complete list of what can be fed, what should be fed, what should be fed sparingly and what shouldnt be fed at all for either individual species.

I ask this because I keep reading contradictory articles on food. Like one site says strawberries are OK as a treat every now and then and another site says never to feed. Like plantains (those starchy Mexican bananas) one site says there another says no, I can go on forever so please it would be nice to gets full complete list so we don't have to keep guessing.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I don't know if I meet any of your criteria but here are some suggestions anyway. I don't know what kind of tortoise you have so that will depend on what list to look at. @Tom has put together long lists in the Russian andsulcata sections. You can also check websites such as Russian tortoise.net and the tortoise table.net.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
African tortoise.com is also a good source. I know there is a lot of conflicting information out there and it does get frustrating and confusing. The sites I've listed are good but the best one is right here. The tortoise forum will give you the most consistent and correct information in my opinion. I have checked out a lot of other sites and this is still the best one.

Prairie Mom