Mantis care?

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I’ve been thinking about keeping a praying mantis and I’m doing a bit of research now. If anyone’s got any enclosure ideas please share them. I’m aware they don’t live long. Also, any particular species for a newbie?

Ben

Sulcatafriend

Usa
I’ve been thinking about keeping a praying mantis and I’m doing a bit of research now. If anyone’s got any enclosure ideas please share them. I’m aware they don’t live long. Also, any particular species for a newbie?

Ben
I dont keep them but i like watching the dark den on youtube he has many insects and spiders and i think he has some pretty enclosures

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I know they are cannabals. Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

waswondering

Arizona

Ben
I know I'm super late...oops
I've had one in a butterfly cage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074ZHXF48/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

It works really well! Just put some twigs and some fake plants and they do great. The one I had was 1 wild caught baby out of the thousand that where coming out of the egg. Where I live has very lol humidity so they are well adapted to it and i never had to do anything more then spray it twice a day just so it could drink. I feed him every day staring with baby crickets and eventually adult cockroaches. It only took him 5 weeks to go from less then 1 gram to 20 grams.