Max’s first pinky

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham, Alabama
Well here I go again. Purchased two white mice, 1 male & 1 female. The plan is to raise some pinks for Max.
I purchased 3 and the attached video shows him with his first one. He liked it. Wish me luck.
Gerry

Attachments

• IMG_2106.MOV
    46.3 MB
Last edited:

zovick

10 Year Member!
Well here I go again. Purchased two white mice, 1 male & 1 female. The plan is to raise some pinks for Max.
I purchased 3 and the attached video shows him with his first one. He liked it. Wish me luck.
Gerry
Good luck. Hopefully the mice will multiply well for you.

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
Good luck. Hopefully the mice will multiply well for you.
Thanks, I’ve had no luck with mealworms, red worms or crickets. Trying to do everything right. The mealworms must have been sterile, they changed to beetles, but would not lay eggs. The red worms raised good, but Max wouldn’t eat them like they taste bad. The crickets died off before I got any pin heads.
Maybe mice will do better.🤞
Gerry

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Gerry
Nice!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Shooting vid in 4k? Looks great!

I'm glad some of the talent chimed in.....I never thought of dead baby mice(sorry, I don't sugarcoat things) being used for food for box turtles so I'm glad they concur with your predatory instincts Gerry.

Ever have an Oscar or other meat eating fish? I'll bet you fed it live food just to watch it eat, didn't you? LOL

You fit right into this group!

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
Shooting vid in 4k? Looks great!

I'm glad some of the talent chimed in.....I never thought of dead baby mice(sorry, I don't sugarcoat things) being used for food for box turtles so I'm glad they concur with your predatory instincts Gerry.

Ever have an Oscar or other meat eating fish? I'll bet you fed it live food just to watch it eat, didn't you? LOL

You fit right into this group!
Hi, Jeff
I think you know me well enough now, so when I say I’m not giving up, you know it’s that OCD thing.
I went to the pet store to see if they had land snail’s and to find out any information I could on them, struck out. You probably guess it by now, yes I’ve started a small colony of snails I’ve hunted down around my place. Max loves baby snail’s. I call them snail popcorn.
Of course I happened to run into a salesman that has several turtles and suggested I feed Max pinky’s, so I purchased three frozen pinks. Well that’s when I seen the white mice 🐁 and that OCD thing kicked in.
Now I’m the proud parent of two of the cutest little mice, a boy and girl, and hopefully in a few weeks I’ll be a grand parent, can’t wait 😜.

Max has got to be the most expensive Box Turtle ever.
Gerry

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
This is not a bad thing Gerry, as your brilliant wife has long since known......focus on a "good cause" relieves stress and makes for a happy Gerry......LOL

I really think that's it's fantastic that you dote on your little guy! I never thought of it in terms of cost but the effort alone makes me want you next to me when we have to build that bridge over a river! Kerry has met another friend of mine, Eric C......he also tips the needle in that direction but he has THEE most beautiful vintage Kawasaki triples! I hate working on bikes around him though, helping him in his garage....he doesn't know more than me, in fact he's kinda weak mechanically but dang his work space and quality of work are so neat that they make me cry in embarrassment!

Long live King MAX!