Maximus 2 week weigh-in

Jimb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, Co.
I recieved Maximus on 12/22/15 and his weight was 37g
I weighed him again this morning after 2 weeks and he's gained 10g!! He's a massive 47g now. LOL!

MaximusWeight1_4_16b.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! A giant of a tortoise!!! :p

yillt

I recieved Maximus on 12/22/15 and his weight was 37g
I weighed him again this morning after 2 weeks and he's gained 10g!! He's a massive 47g now. LOL!

View attachment 161042
He's still very small ;) for a sulcata but that is a lot of growth. You must be doing something right well done

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
He's still very small ;) for a sulcata but that is a lot of growth. You must be doing something right well done

Thanks! The only real problem I'm having is keeping the humidity up. I soak the coir about every other day and keep the plastic "flap" shut but I know the humidity is still too low. Working on it though. Has anyone had any experience with the Aqua Stone Humidifier? Just wondered if that might work.

AquaStone.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks! The only real problem I'm having is keeping the humidity up. I soak the coir about every other day and keep the plastic "flap" shut but I know the humidity is still too low. Working on it though. Has anyone had any experience with the Aqua Stone Humidifier? Just wondered if that might work.

View attachment 161067

I think this is just a fancy way to present a bowl of water. :) Natural evaporation, etc allegedly " increases" the RH. I don't recall what kind of enclosure you have, but a fully enclosed enclosure with a well sealed lid is what really helps. Moidt substrate, coupled with a good lid, and misting works well. Good luck.

DevilDogDoc

My three seem to be gaining from 8 to 10 grams each a week. They are little eating machines.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
I think this is just a fancy way to present a bowl of water. :) Natural evaporation, etc allegedly " increases" the RH. I don't recall what kind of enclosure you have, but a fully enclosed enclosure with a well sealed lid is what really helps. Moidt substrate, coupled with a good lid, and misting works well. Good luck.

Thanks! I'm going to see how else I can seal up his enclosure. Plastic over the top beneath the hinged lid in one thing I can do. I do mist everything a couple times a day. (I'm retired so this is the life I have now. LOL) The way this has been, I kind of wish I'd gone with a large Aquarium but my earlier research steared me away from them. I'll get it figured out.
Thanks again.