Mazuri at Petco

Status
Not open for further replies.

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have an exotic pet shop near me that sell Mazuri for 4.99 a pound! If anyone is near the 32707 area, PM me and I'll give you specifics!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Like I said, I don't have anywhere else near me that actually sells it and the lowest amount I can find online is 2 pounds, which is way too much for me if it really does got bad after opening.

I agree with Tom, too. Before all Petco had by way of decent tortoise foods was ZooMed which I've heard most tortoises won't touch, so it's good that more people can be introduced to Mazuri!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Like I said, I don't have anywhere else near me that actually sells it and the lowest amount I can find online is 2 pounds, which is way too much for me if it really does got bad after opening.

Courtney, when I get to Omaha to buy more, if your low or out, I'll let you take what you need from one of my bags from the feed store in Omaha that I get mine from. :cool:

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Who says it goes bad after opening?
CourtneyAndCarl said:

I agree with Tom, too. Before all Petco had by way of decent tortoise foods was ZooMed which I've heard most tortoises won't touch, so it's good that more people can be introduced to Mazuri!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If someone lives close to Houston I got a 25 lb bag of food I got off line and is way to much for my needs . I will be willing to share the the food just pm me I will give you a good deal. May be we can start buying food together so the price and the amount will benefit us both.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Re: RE: Mazuri at Petco

yagyujubei said:
Who says it goes bad after opening?
CourtneyAndCarl said:

I don't remember, someone on here though. It makes sense, though. As soon as you open anything the quality of the nutrients rapidly depletes and continues to do so even if properly stored. I wouldn't expect it to be any different with Mazuri although I never considered freezing it... that'd probably help for a while but I don't have enough room in my freezer anyway, haha

Sent from my LG-LS970 using TortForum mobile app

MNcoldblood

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Just bought a one pound bag to try today at reptile shop. 3.19 for a pound. 9.99 for 5 pounds.

socialworker81

5 Year Member
My local pet food store didn't sell it either. However, they ordered me some and said I had to buy the whole case. It was a case of 1 pound bags and I know I paid less than $60. Much cheaper than petco for sure!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I got the 25 lb bag off line at Muzuri.com for43.00 shipped to my house . Way better than pet co.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
socialworker81 said:
My local pet food store didn't sell it either. However, they ordered me some and said I had to buy the whole case. It was a case of 1 pound bags and I know I paid less than $60. Much cheaper than petco for sure!

Hope that next time you just get the 25 pound bag for $30...

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Just thought I'd share, didn't realize it was going to turn into this... like I said earlier, Petco price matches local stores so if you live closer to one, you could always price match. And when you essentially live in the middle of nowhere like me there really isn't any place to buy Mazuri in small increments!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I don't think the point of the thread was for everyone to come forth with where they buy their mazuri and for how much. She was just trying to get the word across. We already know how cheap mazuri is everywhere else. Some people don't mind paying inflated prices, if it means not having to special order things or pay shipping etc.

amanda712

5 Year Member
Southern CA
I called PetCo this morning to see if they carried it, and they said (and I quote): "No, we only have Russians." Oof. My PetCo sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.