Mazuri did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
I got this little female locally from craigslist about a year ago. After about 8 months I realized that she hadn't grown at all, though she was active and eating. She was 5" and 396g on 9/15/10. Her vertabral scutes, as well as the first costals really hadn't grown since she was a hatchling. I decided to try to get her to eat Mazuri, which she had rejected previously. She started to eat the new menu, and 6 months later, she is 6 1/4", close to 700g., and all the previous non growing areas are growing with a vengence. I can only attribute this to the Mazuri. I think previous lack of the proper nutrition was the cause of her odd growth. I can see now that soon, there will be very little evidence of the odd growth at all. So no more leaning scutes!

9/15/2010
000_1734-1.jpg

4/22/2011
000_2872.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's wonderful stuff. Are you feeding her only mazuri? I would like to try this on a group of mine as the only food source.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
Wow! Even with no size reference in the pic (coin, water bottle etc.) the growth is very obvious! Congratz!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I'm in the 'half Mazuri/half salads' camp. By combining real food and pellets, you get the best of both, and the strengths of one fill in the weaknesses of the other.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Madkins007 said:
I'm in the 'half Mazuri/half salads' camp. By combining real food and pellets, you get the best of both, and the strengths of one fill in the weaknesses of the other.

Do you alternate days for pelleted food or combine them at the same time?

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
She is gorgeous! In the second picture her scutes look like roses rendered in black/brown/cream. Wow!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Madkins007 said:

That's where I'm at Mark. I've really noticed a lot of good things compared to a salad only type diet.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I gotta be honest! I've dropped greens altogether! Those of you that remember my TORTOISE LASAGNE recipe? That's all I'm feeding...EVERYDAY! Well, that and cactus! Climber has taken off in growth...and everyone else is showing remarkable improvement in growth rate! I don't want to walk on someone else's thread, so in the next day or two, I'm gonna post a growth chart (replete with pictures).

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-TORTOISE-LASAGNE?

Status
Not open for further replies.