Mazuri food help

William Garcia

Location (City and/or State)
Whittier, CA
hello everyone so I bought this bag of mazuri food off amazon since I have read in a few threads that the certain tortoise don’t like the LS one. So it came in a bag silver bag with a sticker with the name mazuri on it kind of questionable to me at least since I have never bought this food before, so I wanted to see if anyone has ordered off amazon and received the same bag? And what does it smell like? When I wet it to soften it up it smells like dog food.

Attachments

• 8132B521-BBEF-4488-954E-00A0688DBC20.jpeg
    8132B521-BBEF-4488-954E-00A0688DBC20.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's just been repackaged.
It comes in big bags and some retailer packed it in smaller bags to make more money.
Can you take a photo of the actual food?
The "correct" type looks different than the LS type

Bambam1989

East Texas
On some days I offer it mixed with finely chopped grass and weeds. Other days I offer it separate. Mine is a sulcata also.
Torts can be hard to get started on new foods and can act like you're trying to poison them.
You may try soaking the pellets in water, then using the water and drizzle it over their weeds. Save the soaked pellets in the fridge til the next day.
If he ate some of the weeds, the next day smear a little soggy pellet on their weeds. Continue doing this until your tort realizes it is a safe food.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Add the moistened pellets over his greens. Slowly start to reduce the amount of greens and increase the amount of pellets until you are just feeding pellets. This method was found to work for most tortoise foods including Mazuri Pellets and Grassland Tortoise Pellets.
Hope this information was helpful.
Thank you,
Tortoise Planet

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Add the moistened pellets over his greens. Slowly start to reduce the amount of greens and increase the amount of pellets until you are just feeding pellets. This method was found to work for most tortoise foods including Mazuri Pellets and Grassland Tortoise Pellets.
Hope this information was helpful.
Thank you,
Tortoise Planet
I've had to do exactly the opposite of that to get mine to eat anything else. They got hooked on Mazuri because I fed it too often.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
That Mazuri looks to be repackaged. I’ve never seen the LS but it does look like the 5M21 that my RFs love. They get it twice a week in a single layer on a cafeteria tray, sometimes soft, sometimes al dente.

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
The mazuri i get here in the Uk is thinner my tortoise goes crazy for it.