Mazuri Tortoise Diet???

Tortoise Man

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a 1 pound bag of Mazuri Tortoise diet from the online website, eBay.com. This is my first time buying Mazuri Tortoise Diet so I don't really know what I should be expecting. I received it I the mail this morning. I looks like dog food! Is this how it's supposed to look or did I just get ripped off. Here is a picture.....
Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yep. That's the stuff.

Some tortoises love that stuff above everything else and others seem not too interested. For a baby, I would soak one pellet set it down on a bed of greens and see what your tortoise does with it. Some of them devour it the first time they see it. Some of them need to see it a few times before they realize the stuff is manna from heaven.

Its good stuff.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
That's what it's supposed to look like. Take a few out soak it in warm water then feed.

never used it as its hard to get in uk for good price but I believe yes, hydrate before feeding. i think its best fed only once a week or so, and this is like crack to them lol. might be fussy about eating greens again so maby best mix it in with them a little to avoid a fussy tort?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Since this post popped up years ago, there is another Mazuri tortoise chow. The type L.S.
The original is type 5M21.
A lot of tortoises dislike the L.S. but most tortoises still love the 5M21