Mazuri is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

menkerose

5 Year Member
I tried giving my sully babies some mazuri about a week ago and they didn't seem interested in it one bit so I just kept feeding them their normal greens. Well I wanted to try it again since I already bought six pounds of it so I didn't feed them yesterday and today I just gave them a few pieces of the mazuri soaked in some water and WOW my one baby Sebastian is going NUTS on it! Ariel on the other hand is a bit slower and less adventurous and has not tried it yet. I took a video of Sebastian's first time eating it and he absolutely loves it. I'll try to upload it if I can figure out how to off my iPad.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/...ttd&realattid=1418373973449637888-1&safe=1&zw

menkerose said:
I tried giving my sully babies some mazuri about a week ago and they didn't seem interested in it one bit so I just kept feeding them their normal greens. Well I wanted to try it again since I already bought six pounds of it so I didn't feed them yesterday and today I just gave them a few pieces of the mazuri soaked in some water and WOW my one baby Sebastian is going NUTS on it! Ariel on the other hand is a bit slower and less adventurous and has not tried it yet. I took a video of Sebastian's first time eating it and he absolutely loves it. I'll try to upload it if I can figure out how to off my iPad.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I couldn't see video either. But ditto on glad for ya. Just be sure it is only part of their varied diet.

herbortamus

5 Year Member
Florida
Yeah, Herbert didn't care for Mazuri the first time I gave it to him. Then I saw this thread:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-39021.html?highlight=tortoise+meatballs#axzz2BxytZSvw
I do this except I only use Mazuri(and not the other brand mixed in) and my hay isn't as finely chopped. I also started spraying some appetite stimulant on it (it just smells nice and fruity to catch his attention).
Now he has gotten used to it, and gobbles it right up:)

And have you ever seen such happy tortoises as the ones eating their "meatballs"?

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
All the tortoises I've worked with all love their Mazuri. Its the staple of the diet, especially through the winter months. During the Summer, however, the groups I work with get a lot of produce; homegrown and local.

Some will complain about "fillers", but everyone's diet has fillers at some point. To me, the best part of Mazuri is how well it is supplemented with all the vitamins and minerals they need (and how willing they are to eat it). This way, you don't need to spend on many of the powder supplements.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
My leopard loves it, I feed it everyday along with spring mix and the plants that are growing in his enclosure for variety and to ensure he always has food.

Status
Not open for further replies.