Mazuri

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)

That is a repackaged portion. It does look like the right stuff but it doesn't have the NutraZu product number on it. But I would bet that is exactly what you are looking for.

YES - the NutraZu 50J3 is EXACTLY the same product and formula as the Mazuri 5M21. In fact, it you look up Nutrazu's website and look for the tortoise diet - you get this product discription even still using the 5m21 formula code.

Purina Mills is the parent company and owns the trademarks for Mazuri in N America and Nutrazu in Europe.

Nutrazu.jpg

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
That is a repackaged portion. It does look like the right stuff but it doesn't have the NutraZu product number on it. But I would bet that is exactly what you are looking for.

YES - the NutraZu 50J3 is EXACTLY the same product and formula as the Mazuri 5M21. In fact, it you look up Nutrazu's website and look for the tortoise diet - you get this product discription even still using the 5m21 formula code.

Purina Mills is the parent company and owns the trademarks for Mazuri in N America and Nutrazu in Europe.

View attachment 275969
Thank you Mark, shelled warriors is a reliable seller for tort products here in the uk so I’m confident that they sell the same stuff. I’ll do some more research aswell.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I can get 2Kg for £30 (About $38) does that sound reasonable?
Should I buy a smaller bag first just to check if they will eat it?
No
2kg is about 4 lbs?
If that's correct. It's crazy expensive.
Here I pay $41 for 25 lbs. (Over 11 kg)
That must be the marked up price from some "middleman" seller that buys in bulk and re packages the stuff.
All things being equal. The 25 lb bag should be about 33 pounds. U.K.
You'd be over spending a lot just out of convenience.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I think it’s more expensive because it is still imported from the US.

Attachments

• 4547EABF-2311-4A71-B37B-BD601E88D9A0.png
    4547EABF-2311-4A71-B37B-BD601E88D9A0.png
    510.3 KB · Views: 5

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
There are two distributors on their website I can contact, I may do that.

Attachments

• 81607E1F-FBE0-4311-82CC-26D477788F75.png
    81607E1F-FBE0-4311-82CC-26D477788F75.png
    265.4 KB · Views: 4

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I bought a small pack of Nutrazu to see if they like it before I invest in a larger bag. Should come this week, I hope they like it.
They definitely will lol It's Tortoise candy.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
They definitely will lol It's Tortoise candy.
Tort Nip;)

I’ll start it off slow and add a couple bits to their food a couple times a week. We don’t want them becoming Mazuri Junkies!!

One question though, do you store it like any other tortoise pellets or do you have to seal it shut?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Tort Nip;)

I’ll start it off slow and add a couple bits to their food a couple times a week. We don’t want them becoming Mazuri Junkies!!

One question though, do you store it like any other tortoise pellets or do you have to seal it shut?
I just keep it in a sealed sandwich bag at room temperature.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Tort Nip;)

I don’t think there is any actual right or wrong way. We keep our 25 lbs in plastic scre on lid canisters. Keeps it dry. Just keep it out of moisture/no humidity...etc.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I don’t think there is any actual right or wrong way. We keep our 25 lbs in plastic scre on lid canisters. Keeps it dry. Just keep it out of moisture/no humidity...etc.
Ok I will keep it out of the reptile room, way to humid in there. I think a plastic tub or sandwich bag will work better for me. Thanks a lot.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ok I will keep it out of the reptile room, way to humid in there. I think a plastic tub or sandwich bag will work better for me. Thanks a lot.
I started by hiding it in the middle of a pile of zucchini. He paused when he got to it sniffed it and continued eating. Did that a few more times just to make sure. Now I put it in a separate dish.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I stopped feeding Mazuri because I was down to just the one tortoise and the Mazuri I had left became full of moths.
Now that I'm keeping 4 of them, I re introduced it into the feeding routine and to my shock....It's the last thing that gets eaten out there.
Maybe its because of the summer feeding menu being heavy on the fruit? I don't know. But twice now, I've had to remove it only partially eaten.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Would you believe it, they cancelled my nutrazu order. I received an email saying “refunded £4.50” and no explanation given!

I’ll try again and if the same happens I’ll look else where. They obviously don’t want my money.