Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
So I'm wondering does anyone feed their torts unsoaked hard Mazuri
kibbles?
Our 5 year old leopard has been ravenous lately and last night I gave her 2-3 hard kibbles just to see what she would do. She enhaled them whole, no crunching them up at all. Is this what they do? and is it okay that they swallow them whole. I was worried all night that she would have a belly ache?
I always soak my Mazuri before I feed.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sometime I feed my big guy unsoaked mazuri. He is a garbage disposal so he doesn't care if it's soaked or dry, he will eat it regardless...

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
All my torts eat the Mazuri dry and they toss it down whole.. No crunching:p

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Just got a 1.5 lb bag of Mazuri in today and Spike sucked it down. Well not the whole bag but afew and ended up leaving one. This stuff smells and looks like dog food..lol. Purina did a good job making the Mazuri branch to their company :D Btw, Spike is a 7lb 10" male sulcata and he had no problem swallowing them whole. Bought it from Tortoisecafe.com. I really dont think a pound and a half is going to last long..lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Shouldn't hurt anything to feed it dry. Just make sure they have access to water. They often get thirsty after eating a bunch of it dry.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Okay great thanks for all the feedback, I'll relax now knowing that others feed Mazuri dry.
Our biggest leo is 3 kg and loves her Mazuri. I'm sure she would love it if I fed it every day and not only once a week.

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
I've had my two baby sulcata torts for 7 months now and I always serve them soaked 'soft' Mazuri. :)

HarleyK

5 Year Member
The way I see it, it doesn't hurt if they are soaked before fed. Your tortoise might even appreciate being hydrated.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I only feed it wet and then I soak the tort after. I am afaid of dehydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.