Mazuri

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I hear and see about this Mazuri. I know it's a brand. We used it for our chinchilla a while back. But I did not know for a tortoise. Is this stuff really that good? It's not too expensive either. Can someone please explain it. I looked it up and it said it was a high fiber diet. So I'm assuming it is not a all the time diet? (I would still feed greens) I was just wondering. Thanks.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Most * Torts like eat. Although not a to be used as a staple diet , but small spot weekly feedings or adding to other menu items is just fine. The debate of this gets way over the top........ I have used it for many years and can only show proof with pictures of my herds and outtakes on health and reproduction stats.
The neat thing when owning a few dozen torts is they can smell the stuff a mile away , thus getting everyone " up and about" gathered around a central place for "maintenance or picture taking" .

JD~:shy:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Depending on where you live ...... I first would try a "Feed Store" you can buy it in bulk 25lb bags. There are folks who sell it online and I'm sure other " Brick and Mortar" pet shops will break it down in smaller bags and charge a fortune , because of some cute tortoise picture on the package .
Go to the Mazuri website and have it shipped directly to your house!

sonykurniawan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
I have been feeding my torts 4yrs with mazuri with good result. I give them mazuri once in 2 days. Good luck trying

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I add it in most of my feedings . It gets your tortoises eat all the good stuff they don't like .

truebloodmorelia

5 Year Member
My Spur thigh loves it we feed 2-3 times a week with greens. I buy direct from Mazuri as it was the cheapest way in my neck of the woods