Mazuri tortoise diet

Location (City and/or State)
Haywards Heath
Hey there tortoise forum!
I was just going to order something I found called mazuri tortoise diet. I have seen many people use it with good results but I was wondering about the protein content. Is it too much protein and would it cause scute flaring due to the protein or is it alright? Answers appreciated as always.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hey there tortoise forum!
I was just going to order something I found called mazuri tortoise diet. I have seen many people use it with good results but I was wondering about the protein content. Is it too much protein and would it cause scute flaring due to the protein or is it alright? Answers appreciated as always.
Mazuri is one of those products that seems to be "greater than the sum of its parts"
It's been used successfully by hobbyists and zoos for many decades and is 100% safe to feed as part of a tortoise diet in moderation. Or as an occasional meal alone.
It's also great for the administration of medication since soaking it turns it into a peanut butter type of mush.
The original 5M21 formula is what I use. But the newer type LS is more widely available. But fewer tortoises seem to like it as much

Last edited:

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
What they said... I use it as a minor component of a varied diet, and as a supplement and a delivery tool for meds.

Jamie

Haywards Heath
Mazuri is one of those products that seems to be "greater than the sum of its parts"
It's been used successfully by hobbyists and zoos for many decades and is 100% safe to feed as part of a tortoise diet in moderation. Or as an occasional meal alone.
It's also great for the administration of medication since soaking it turns it into a peanut butter type of mush.
The original 5M21 formula is what I use. But the newer type LS is more widely available. But fewer tortoises seem to like it as much
I saw someone online that mixed it into like a mush of some hibiscus and weeds. Is this ok? Can I mix it in with weeds and foods?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I saw someone online that mixed it into like a mush of some hibiscus and weeds. Is this ok? Can I mix it in with weeds and foods?
Sure
It's a great idea. Especially for babies that are picky eaters