Mazuri??

Grimjob

hey all,

So I'll be getting my beautiful little sully in a couple of weeks. And as some might of read in my previous post I live in Australia. Now I've been searching and can't seem to find a place in Australia that sells mazuri. How important is mazuri in a sullys diet and is there some kind of replacement I could use or does someone from the states want to send me some Haha

Thanks Nathan

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
hey all,

So I'll be getting my beautiful little sully in a couple of weeks. And as some might of read in my previous post I live in Australia. Now I've been searching and can't seem to find a place in Australia that sells mazuri. How important is mazuri in a sullys diet and is there some kind of replacement I could use or does someone from the states want to send me some Haha

Thanks Nathan
Hello there, and a very warm welcome to the forum!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It is not necessary to feed Mazuri. Mazuri is a good supplement, but you can raise a healthy happy tortoise without it. You can use some soaked ZooMed tortoise chow to amend the grocery store greens. If you can get some shipped over there, its good stuff. If not, then no big deal. Your tortoise will be fine without it.

Here is a list of good stuff to feed:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/

Bducks16

5 Year Member
forest grove, oregon
For some reason mazuri isn't allowed out of the United States. Read policy agreement #2. Hopefully soon it will be. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471656534.437810.jpg

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Ok so I'll just make sure he/she gets all the required nutrition out of the food I give him. Thanks guys and girls
Don't worry. Charlie never had Mazuri or tortoise food of any kind. He is now 17 years old and healthy.

Grimjob

Ok that's great to hear. I'm going to try and grow all my own grass and weed for my little guys like Tom mentions in his thread about young sulcata

itiswhatitis

Yep !!! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471661258.417044.jpg
I just took his advice on growing my own.

Grabbed a baby pool. I ordered Sulcata seed mix and grew my own as well.

itiswhatitis

organic gold wheat grass bahia grass timothy grass oat grass rye grass rapina dandelion bermuda grass, chicory durana clover plus 3 other clover varieties radish greens buckwheat and a variety of spring mix greens dandilion but what is in it all
Depends on season to.
Tortoise supply has a nice mix
As well As Carolina supply and sulcata food. I have some growing outside and inside for when it gets cold out.

Grimjob

organic gold wheat grass bahia grass timothy grass oat grass rye grass rapina dandelion bermuda grass, chicory durana clover plus 3 other clover varieties radish greens buckwheat and a variety of spring mix greens dandilion but what is in it all
Depends on season to.
Tortoise supply has a nice mix
As well As Carolina supply and sulcata food. I have some growing outside and inside for when it gets cold out.
I'll have to make my own mix, I live in Australia haha

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Do you have friends that come to bali or someplace Indonesia? Indonesia have Mazuri. I don't know they can send to australia, but sure can send to entire indonesia country.

Grimjob

Do you have friends that come to bali or someplace Indonesia? Indonesia have Mazuri. I don't know they can send to australia, but sure can send to entire indonesia country.
I'll be in Bali soon so will pick some up. It's not till the end of year but that would be great