Mazuri

Ed mitch

Hi
I've been trying to find mazuri but it seems fairly hard to find, and not quite sure with what sort to get!
Could someone give me advice or a link

seanang168

10 Year Member!
Heres a link where i get mine from

http://www.mazuri.com/mazuritortoisediet.aspx

You're looking for the # 5M21

Tortoise Diet is a high fiber diet designed for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This diet may be used with other herbivorous reptiles as well.
Hi

how about the smaller # 5E5L . My stars love this. The 5M21 is quite big and my Stars have problem eating it.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hi

how about the smaller # 5E5L . My stars love this. The 5M21 is quite big and my Stars have problem eating it.

Most of us here have found our tortoises definitely prefer the regular 5M21 over the new LS 5E5L. All my tortoises - sulcatas, leopards and stars eat the regular Mazuri like candy. My largest sulcatas eat it dry, gulping it down whenever they get a chance. The small/medium sized tortoises eat it softened in water first and love it. The new LS is harder and doesn't soften as well. A few have reported no problem and liking the new LS, but it seems the majority find the regular 5M21 is definitely preferable.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Hi

No tortoise would have "trouble" eating Mazuri if you soak it for 5 minutes. The LS version is difficult to get tortoises to like. Amazon.com has smaller amounts of Mazuri.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-23-23-43-41.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-23-23-43-41.png
    350.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

seanang168

10 Year Member!
What is your views in terms of the Nutritional benefits between LS and the 5M? My male star tortoise who is smaller in size doesnt not really like the 5M but he loves the LS. My large female has no problems with both. She eats everything thrown at her

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
What is your views in terms of the Nutritional benefits between LS and the 5M? My male star tortoise who is smaller in size doesnt not really like the 5M but he loves the LS. My large female has no problems with both. She eats everything thrown at her
If they like it then great. It's comparable. The big problem is most (and I mean MOST) won't touch the LS. Most(and again i mean MOST) love the original Mazuri

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-14-17-15-35.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-14-17-15-35.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 11

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Awesome. Looks like you soaked it just right too. Just firm enough to hold its shape. I sometimes forget and let mine soak too long. What a mess. Tortoises end up with big old Santa Claus beards... It's cute but they won't let me wipe their face. It dries on really hard so I have to soak them afterwards to get it off.