Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
tortoisenerd said:
I'm going away for the weekend and planning to leave out some Mazuri for the hatchling russian tort. Today I soaked some pellets in warm water and mushed them up with a spoon really well, then drained the water. It made a nice little paste of Mazuri. Put it in the fridge in a container so I can put it out tomorrow when we leave.

We don't have any bug problems or else I wouldn't do this. I'm hopeful this will work well for the little guy (he can't manage the chunks and even when it dries up the Mazuri paste will be particles of a manageable size). We're gone less than 48 hours and this is our first time leaving him. Haven't had any issues with him flipping over or other worries so far to prohibit it.

Be careful when leaving the Mazuri in the enclosure for too long a time. It tends to get sour.
I have also noticed with my boxie that the days that she gets the Mazuri her poop is very smelly.

M

Maggie Cummings

I moisten it for about 45 seconds, pour the water off and then offer it...all of mine eat it moistened, none eat it dry just broken up...

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
terryo said:
Be careful when leaving the Mazuri in the enclosure for too long a time. It tends to get sour.
I have also noticed with my boxie that the days that she gets the Mazuri her poop is very smelly.

Well, we didn't have bug or odor issues, but I don't think he got to eat much of it as it dried and stuck to the slate. I'd probably have to grind it dry next time but I don't have a grinder. It is smelly!

He wasn't close to going too hungry through as he was fed Friday and Sunday (just not Saturday). The little guy was a little grumpy when we got home! Next time I'll just feed him before we leave and then when we get back, and not try to leave stuff out. I think having it there dried up was more stressful than not having food there. I haven't found anyone I trust enough to tort sit, and we don't have any plans in the near future to be gone more than 1-2 nights.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
That so sucks and I totally appologise to the group.

I did drop that photo host but it seems that they capatilized on the link.

I can't tell you how angry that makes me...

It's like the malware that infects your computer to tell you that there is malware and they can get rid of it for a fee.

Again... so sorry.

To the list owner... the best thing is to delete the post.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
-EJ said:

It's like the malware that infects your computer to tell you that there is malware and they can get rid of it for a fee.

Again... so sorry.

Just a note of explanation to future searchers that find this thread: Ed had posted GREAT pictures of his tortoises that had been raised on Mazuri. However, when he dropped the photo host, that photo site put up their advertisement instead of Ed's pictures. I have deleted the two posts that showed the ads.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Thank you. That is embarrasing.

emysemys said:
-EJ said:

Again... so sorry.

Just a note of explanation to future searchers that find this thread: Ed had posted GREAT pictures of his tortoises that had been raised on Mazuri. However, when he dropped the photo host, that photo site put up their advertisement instead of Ed's pictures. I have deleted the two posts that showed the ads.

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Just Bought the Mazuri and my older Redfoot is going nuts over it...MAZURI=TORTOISE CRACK!!!!:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.