Mazuri...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardway

5 Year Member
Is there any reason for me to feed it to my tortoise ? I generally let him eat weeds and grass for a couple of hours outside and eat some cactus and spring mix inside. This is his daily diet...would mazuri benefit him or is it unnecessary ?
Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
For those of us who live in climates where our tortoises can't graze year round, its nice to have something to fall back on besides grocery store greens. Mazuri isn't a necessity, its just something else to feed when "real" food is scarce.

Hardway

5 Year Member
I see. I have more grass in my backyard right now than I did during the summer...South Texas for you. :D

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Hardway said:
I see. I have more grass in my backyard right now than I did during the summer...South Texas for you. :D

Me too!! I live near Dallas . Go Texas haha

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Florida is good also ,lol.

Great supp in moderation. We feed during egg laying season, always get great egg development.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Just a nutritious supplement to add variety to their diets, at least, that's how I use it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Weda737 said:
Just a nutritious supplement to add variety to their diets, at least, that's how I use it.

Ditto.

NOT "necessary", but I think it does them good as part of a balanced varied diet.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
More on topic than the Texas thing , you can always try Zoo Med grassland food. Its what I use because I looked up Mazuri's ingredients and it just didn't impress me at all.

Mizladyluna

5 Year Member
I've not tried the mazuri, but Tory LOVES the zoo med grassland food! When I make up his food I toss in a half handfull and its always the first thing eaten! (Currently out, but due to the rather pricey nature of this stuff, my exotic pet store will allow me to buy in bulk... working out storage methods for it, its def. worth it to buy the bulk size)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Mizladyluna said:
I've not tried the mazuri, but Tory LOVES the zoo med grassland food! When I make up his food I toss in a half handfull and its always the first thing eaten! (Currently out, but due to the rather pricey nature of this stuff, my exotic pet store will allow me to buy in bulk... working out storage methods for it, its def. worth it to buy the bulk size)

My greeks go crazy for it

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I used to feed Mazuri every day but I have noticed during the colder days that my torts will eat all the greens and just some of the Mazuri so right now I am only feeding it a couple times a week and even then they don't eat it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.