Meal Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishshake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Calgary, Alberta
Hello all,

I created a meal plan for my 6 month old Eastern Hermanns Tortoise to put on my refrigerator. (picture below)

He has wheat grass and forget-me-not sprouts to graze on in his enclosure (cannot get them to flower organically). I will be taking him outside for dandelions until winter hits. And I am planning on picking some knapweed today.

Most of his main courses will be grocery bought, which leads me to ask if this plan is acceptable or not?

image-988520346.png

-Carl

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Variety is good. See if you can find more wild greens & flowers for him until frost. In the winter, of course, you'll have to rely on grocery store greens, depending on where you are. You can also grow dandelions indoors. Right now you should be able to find wild grape leaves, rose of Sharon, broad leaf plantain, chicory & more. They love hibiscus flowers, roses, violet leaves, wild strawberry leaves, hollyhocks, eat hosta. There are websites devoted to weeds tortoises can eat.

irishshake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Calgary, Alberta
johnsonnboswell said:
Variety is good. See if you can find more wild greens & flowers for him until frost. In the winter, of course, you'll have to rely on grocery store greens, depending on where you are. You can also grow dandelions indoors. Right now you should be able to find wild grape leaves, rose of Sharon, broad leaf plantain, chicory & more. They love hibiscus flowers, roses, violet leaves, wild strawberry leaves, hollyhocks, eat hosta. There are websites devoted to weeds tortoises can eat.

I appreciate the information thank-you ; that is a very useful list. I'm learning how to grow plants organically indoors . This is not easy for me since I did not know a single thing about gardening ( I had to look up the difference between top soil and potting soil and read the description on what fertilizer is). I hear Germanium is a good one to grow and easy to do inside?

Finding these organically and with out bugs in my biggest problem and worry........

Status
Not open for further replies.