Media still wont upload

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I still can't upload any media. Not to an album...not into a thread. nada. I have been using tinypic for my posts but really REALLY wanted to build up my albums.. @ALDABRAMAN can do it!! :p why can't I??? lol

I get a red prompt that tells me unable to upload media but it doesn't say "why". What's weird is, I did it before....same camera, same photos even...but it just worked one day and hasn't since. Is anyone else having this??? Everytime I see new media I get confused, why can you all do it and I can't..??... grr

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Try it now...

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Its the same photo I uploaded into an album in the past (the day it was working..) so I know it isn't a photo specific issue..

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

491 245.jpg

ok, time to call they hubby over....see if he can tell what's going on..

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
If you just tried again right now, I can't see anything on our server logs... I'm really puzzled as to what the problem might be.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
ooooooooohhhh...the hubby filled me in on why I can't upload photos. He uses an "ad away" program with our internet to prevent ads and stuff. That is what is blocking me.
If you know the domain name to the new hosting media company (or whatever he called it), he could remove it from the blocked list. Otherwise he has to disable the program every time I want to upload photos...

Looks like I'll be sticking to tinypic! But thanks a bunch @Josh for trying to help me figure it out!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
:( :( :( Ad blockers make it very difficult to offer a free TFO

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Here's how it works: TFO is supported 99.9% through the ads we serve. I try my best to get advertisers to sign on so that ads are relevant to our interests but without ads TFO probably wouldn't exist. Ad blockers hurt what we're trying to do.
I understand you may not have control over it in your particular case, but I think it's important that folks understand exactly how, and why, it works.