Meet DuDu (one of three) short term RF male

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I absolutely hated the winters in Florida. They were the worst. The cold is bone chilling. I had to wear my long underwear there and then I got too hot and had to get them off. You have to prepare for the cold and the heat. It's probably easier to shed layers instead of what I did.
But I go through the same stuff here. I hate being cold.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I absolutely hated the winters in Florida. They were the worst. The cold is bone chilling. I had to wear my long underwear there and then I got too hot and had to get them off. You have to prepare for the cold and the heat. It's probably easier to shed layers instead of what I did.
Where in Florida was that?
I go out in the back yard in my Boxers on the "Chilliest" of nights.
(It teaches my neighbors not to peek through my privacy fence)

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I lived about 25 miles north of Chicago and in Fort Lauderdale. Both winters were different and were awful. Florida because you were so warm for so long, then the cold chilled you to the bone. Chicago felt different because it's cold longer, but spring and fall were very nice with a short hot summer. I'd rather be hot on Florida than the cold of Chicago in winter.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Where in Florida was that?
I go out in the back yard in my Boxers on the "Chilliest" of nights.
(It teaches my neighbors not to peek through my privacy fence)
Hendry county. I start getting cold if it gets below 78°f😜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'd much rather be a little too cold than too hot.
That's true in a way. I can always put on extra clothes and then take them off. But the extra clothes feel so heavy I'd rather be on the warm side and not be doing all that extra work.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I lived about 25 miles north of Chicago and in Fort Lauderdale. Both winters were different and were awful. Florida because you were so warm for so long, then the cold chilled you to the bone. Chicago felt different because it's cold longer, but spring and fall were very nice with a short hot summer. I'd rather be hot on Florida than the cold of Chicago in winter.
Happy birthday 🎉🎂

Reactions: Ink

g4mobile

5 Year Member
Fort Lauderdale, FL
We barely see low 50's at night during Winter in South FL and then it will jump to 70's during the day. We got in the 40's at night a couple times last year. My wife dreams of colder weather, but I told her I'm a Florida native and don't plan on ever moving. Maybe further South to the Keys.