Meet Elsa!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Elsa is my very first tort! She is an Eastern Hermann's, 4.5 inches long and 9.45 oz. She arrived right on time and in great condition!! Thanks so much, Tyler!!! A nice warm soak perked her right up, and she passed a nice white urate blob and a big poop! Lunch was organic spring mix, organic collards, a slice of portobello mushroom dusted with Repashy supplement with some pesticide-free pink rose petals for dessert, but she's not really hungry right now, and has burrowed COMPLETELY down in the substrate somewhere in the vicinity of her basking light. I think this is a great start to a beautiful relationship!!!

IMG_2546_zps83356e89.jpg

IMG_2549_zps612d8d95.jpg

IMG_2551_zps8342f7ef.jpg

IMG_2552_zps44285afe.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CONGRATS AGAIN:D She looks fantastic. You will not believe how much they will steal your heart. Enjoy.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Elsa looks great...nice coloring, too!

4-1/2" is how long Apollonia was when I got her last year...now she's almost 7"...they grow so fast! :cool:

pemry3

5 Year Member
Love the shell pattern! Very cute! Enjoy and have fun with her.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Elsa is a real beauty!
If she only knew your preparation for this moment!
Rnjoy her!
Dmgrats. :p

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
And the "sickness" begins.....before long you will want another. I am glad you have joined in on the fun. Congrats on your new addition!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I have no idea how old she is. The breeder I got her from imported her (along with a bunch of others) from a farm in Europe this past Spring. (The Hermann's he breeds himself he sells as hatchlings) I would really like to hear from other Hermann's owners their guesses on the age of a healthy female Hermann's who is 4.5 inches long.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
I have no idea how old she is. The breeder I got her from imported her (along with a bunch of others) from a farm in Europe this past Spring. (The Hermann's he breeds himself he sells as hatchlings) I would really like to hear from other Hermann's owners their guesses on the age of a healthy female Hermann's who is 4.5 inches long.

Just guessing, but possibly 4 yoa.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Moozilion said:
Thanks! I was kind of thinking 3 or 4. :)

It's difficult to be accurate as a particular tortoise, because even one fed exactly the same amount of the same foods, living under the exact same conditions, can be very different in size from the rest of his/her litter-mates, so a guess is the best we can do w/o knowing his/her specific hatchdate.

What I can tell you is that Jennifer was about 4" in April of 2010 and is now around 8-1/2", and Apollonia was almost 4-1/2" about July of 2011, and is now around 6-1/4".

Weigh/measure Elsa on the 1st of each month, so as to monitor her growth...it's pretty interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.