Pictures of Elsa

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, my Hermann's, Elsa, has grown from 4.5 inches and 9.45 oz to 6.5 inches and 34 oz in 16 months. I just want to make sure her shell looks OK because someone had mentioned something about "problems" occurring when tortoises grow too fast. I don't know how fast the average Hermann's SHOULD grow. Here are some pics from earlier today. Thoughts?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, I can't believe how big she is. I remember when you first got her. She looks beautiful too me with no shell problems I can see. Keep up the good work.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
All I can say is beautiful.

I love the first picture of face close-up. Looks like Elsa is saying: can you let me down now???? See....everybody say I'm OK! ! ! !

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thanks so much, Wellington! Yes, my baby has grown- I can't pick her up with just one hand anymore!

Thanks, also, bouaboua! Yeah, she was NOT happy! I had soaked her first: partly so her shell would look pretty and partly so she would pee. She made 2 BIG pees in her bath, so I thought we were safe- but she must have been saving up and gave us ANOTHER pee and a big stinky poo during the photo shoot just for revenge!

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I swear, my torts save their business for the 15 seconds it takes me to get them fresh warm bath water.... [UNAMUSED FACE] I think they do it on purpose.

Elsa is a pretty girl! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thanks, Barista5261 and TortsNTurtles!!! I think she's beautiful too, but I may just be a tad biased!! :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Pretty girl[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
She looks great. If a tortoise is fed correctly, well hydrated, and gets enough UV and calcium, (I think you meet all of the above), there are not going to be "problems" because they are growing. You've done a great job and that beautiful perfect shell just shows it. I can't see the inside, but I'll bet that its just as perfect as the outside. YOU are an EXCELLENT tortoise caretaker! :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Moozillion said:
Thanks so much, Wellington! Yes, my baby has grown- I can't pick her up with just one hand anymore!

Thanks, also, bouaboua! Yeah, she was NOT happy! I had soaked her first: partly so her shell would look pretty and partly so she would pee. She made 2 BIG pees in her bath, so I thought we were safe- but she must have been saving up and gave us ANOTHER pee and a big stinky poo during the photo shoot just for revenge!

LOL........................

Then you and my wife will have a good chat about this. My leopards always pee and poo after the soak. And they love to pee after my wife just change their bedding. They seems like had a meeting before hand say: Let's do at one at a time...............

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! WOW- y'all are all making me feel so good!!!! :D

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
What an absolutely stunning eastern ! I knew I'd be impressed but I didn't know it would be to this degree. She is perfection

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I remember you pre planning for her and getting her.
I would describe her looks as perfect and gorgeous!
Your a great tortoise mom :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Thanks so much for all the kind words, diamondbp, kathyth and happyjoyjoy!!! :)

I'll be sure and let Elsa know that other people besides me think she's gorgeous! :)