Misting sprinkler?

Megatron's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Hey everyone I am going to be out of the country for 3 weeks. My daughter will be staying home to look after all the critters. We are in another heatwave here in Arkansas. Today 95 without heat index and the rest of the week and next week near 100.

It got me thinking about Optimus Prime as he is outside. He has his little cool place under his ramp he likes to hide during the heat. He has plenty of shade with the pop up gazebo and shade cloth.

What I'm most concerned about are urates. I worry he may not get enough soaks. How many times a week for him being outside now anyways? My daughter will have her hands full with doing everything herself. So I wanted to see if those misting sprinklers would help. I have two still yet to set up. I know a good soak is best but would the extra misting in his area help at all? If it would help and I don't have to worry if she misses a soak or two that would be great. If not I will just have to keep on her.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hey everyone I am going to be out of the country for 3 weeks. My daughter will be staying home to look after all the critters. We are in another heatwave here in Arkansas. Today 95 without heat index and the rest of the week and next week near 100.

It got me thinking about Optimus Prime as he is outside. He has his little cool place under his ramp he likes to hide during the heat. He has plenty of shade with the pop up gazebo and shade cloth.

What I'm most concerned about are urates. I worry he may not get enough soaks. How many times a week for him being outside now anyways? My daughter will have her hands full with doing everything herself. So I wanted to see if those misting sprinklers would help. I have two still yet to set up. I know a good soak is best but would the extra misting in his area help at all? If it would help and I don't have to worry if she misses a soak or two that would be great. If not I will just have to keep on her.
The misters won't do anything to help with urate formation, but they will help to keep him cooler.

What size is he now? That will determine how often to soak. More frequently for smaller tortoises.