Mobile Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtletania

5 Year Member
Anyone accidentally dialled someone without realising and carried on a conversation they wished hadn't been heard?????????

What did you do to fix it?

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA
I do this almost everyday!!
stupid blackberry.
i've never said anything i regret though.
but i agree with Becki :)

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
If you have an android phone there is an app to stop you from doing that it is called call confirm and puts up a little dialog asking for you to confirm you want to make the call. It works well and is free. I installed it because I was tired of dialing people when I put my phone in my pocket. I am sure there are other apps out there that do the same thing. It really does work well.

dannomite

5 Year Member
LOL an ex Gf of mine pocket dialed me while she was at work, and didn't realize she left a 10 minute long voicemail while she was talking to her friends about another guy she had been seeing on the side. Karma haha

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dannomite said:
LOL an ex Gf of mine pocket dialed me while she was at work, and didn't realize she left a 10 minute long voicemail while she was talking to her friends about another guy she had been seeing on the side. Karma haha

Likely a country song in this story... :cool:

A

annadevis

Mobile is great technology for all over the world. Due to mobile we connect with each other any time and any where. There are many feature to mobile like, camera, radio, games, internet and so on. There are many different type of mobile available in markets.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Well if you accidentally dial someone yourself, you can try to pretend like it was a prank call to make them angry haha.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
A couple years ago my husband and I were driving to dinner and he accidentally butt dialed his sister. We were just having a normal conversation and we heard far away laughter, we realized where it was coming from and his sister was hysterically laughing because we are so boring. Kind of embarrassing, I guess I don't like to think of myself as boring!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
turtletania said:
Anyone accidentally dialled someone without realising and carried on a conversation they wished hadn't been heard?????????

What did you do to fix it?

Details??

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Question: Seriously, what in the h*ll does everyone have to talk about that we didn't have 7-10 years ago?

Why do so many people live their lives on a cell phone?

I have a cell phone that I use when I need to, almost always have it with me, but I'm not getting the whole "have to gab (or text) about every little detail of every second of every moment" society that has evolved around a cell phone.

I've never accidently dialed someone that I can remember. When my phone goes off accidently because of me sitting on it a very "graphic" Kid Rock song comes on loud and clear! At least I know when it's my phone.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
GBtortoises said:
Question: Seriously, what in the h*ll does everyone have to talk about that we didn't have 7-10 years ago?

It's called instant gratification. Unfortunately, there is no "good things come to those who wait", "patience is a virtue" or "invest time and effort to get the payoff" any more. It's "hurry up and wait", "there's never time to do it right but there's always time to do it over" and "I am entitled".

Cell phones/smart phones promulgate this behavior... Eventually, when the newness wears off, people will realize the true benefit of these devices and use them as they should - not as a mechanism to constantly annoy others...

Just my $0.02

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I just texted my husband to please bring me a glass of water. I am on the couch sick with pneumonia and he is on the computer working in our bedroom. Don't hate, appreciate. ( I am in a happy fever land).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
GBtortoises said:

I'm with you, Gary! I don't even HAVE a cell phone.

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
CtTortoiseMom said:
I just texted my husband to please bring me a glass of water. I am on the couch sick with pneumonia and he is on the computer working in our bedroom. Don't hate, appreciate. ( I am in a happy fever land).

Im just getting over the flu :( I hope you feel better!!! I had to fend for myself because my parents had to go to work. Well my mom stayed home on tuesday because it was really bad.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Marty333 said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

Im just getting over the flu :( I hope you feel better!!! I had to fend for myself because my parents had to go to work. Well my mom stayed home on tuesday because it was really bad.

Thank's, you too!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Having a fully functional smart phone shaves hours of work off of my work day. I'm able to complete work throughout the day during down time. This work would, in a pre smart phone era, have been tacked onto the end of the day when a computer became available.

As with any electronic device, if I don't want to be bothered by it I simply turn it off. If I need it, then it's there for use.

I work "on the road" traveling between multiple customer accounts. Without my cell phone, how the heck would I be able to check the Tortoise Forum throughout the day!

That being said, privacy is a thing of the past, unless I turn it off. Sometimes I wish I got paid by the hour based on the amount of "extra" hours that are logged working from my phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.