Mold in the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I'm sure I'm not the first. I am having a problem with mold building up. I have a few half logs in the enclosure and they are starting to mold I was just curious if there is a remedy to kill and prevent the mold that is safe for my cherry.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
What kind of enclosure do you have? Can you post pics? You may have it too damp, and not enough air exchange in the enclosure.

-Matt

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
hmmm, maybe you should open one of the lil doors for a couple of hours a day?? Since you have a humidifier, you wont have trouble with humidity-just my thought

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I would say you definitely need better air exchange. Maybe drill some air holes along the sides? Without it, mold will thrive in stagnate air, and it's not good for the little red-foot.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
I would like to stay away from drilling any holes if I could. What would you think of the idea of taking off that 6" x 4' backing I have the light mounted to? If stagnate air is the problem maybe that would give more aeration.

M

Maggie Cummings

I would simply prop the lids open during the day. I have a large tort table with lids like yours except mine aren't glass, anyhow, when I turn on the lights in the morning I prop open the lids. It works well that way and doesn't prevent humidity. Wash your logs in a weak bleach solution then rinse them well before you put them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.