Moving State to State

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Trinidad Colorado
I currently own radiated tortoises here in California ...all of my animals have been purchased here in the state.(a 26 year old male, in my possession for 24 of those years, a 15 yo male, had him as a hatchling , and a 12 yo female she has been with me for 10 years) and as we all know a cbw permit is required to "purchase " radiated from state to state. ..But what about moving your personal tortoises to another state. ...what limited information I have gathered, I haven't a clue if any type of notification needs to be given to the proper agency if any at all....I have all documentation of their origin. ...anybody have experience in this matter?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you try to leave the state with them, the black helicopters will hunt you down and arrest you immediately. Therefore, you need to give all of them to me, so they can stay in CA and not leave the state. :)

Your welcome. :D

All kidding aside, you do not need permits and you do not need to notify anyone if they are not be SOLD across state lines. Its perfectly legal to move them anywhere in the country on a breeding loan, or if you are very generous and want to give them away, or if you want to relocate your own herd when you move.

Where ya movin' to?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hopefully going to Colorado next year....thanks Tom for the info...

Ugh. That is not good tortoise weather… That's my standard for any place on the map. :)

Good luck with the move. Hope everything goes smoothly.

eriksorg

10 Year Member!
Trinidad Colorado
Southern Colorado. ...summers are great...spring is ok ...but the house we are building will have a good sized basement. ...am in the process of working out pens,heating,lighting. ...on top of that I have a decent sized dart frog collection to move.. and the wife has 100+orchids....that's going to have a heated,insulated and lit greenhouse. ....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Southern Colorado. ...summers are great...spring is ok ...but the house we are building will have a good sized basement. ...am in the process of working out pens,heating,lighting. ...on top of that I have a decent sized dart frog collection to move.. and the wife has 100+orchids....that's going to have a heated,insulated and lit greenhouse. ....

Sounds fantastic.

M

Maggie Cummings

I've moved tortoises all over. Took tortoises and cats on my Texas road trip......no prob

M

Maggie Cummings

Radiata or Galops?
Galops of course, so much room in my Camaro for them. Kelly's Mom caught me trying to stuff an Egyptian into my bra, I want one of those and a Chacho.I got to rub on a huge Mata Mata and hold a yearling Mata, they do have bad dispositions as babies and tried to take my hand off. I got to meet and hold so many tortoises I'd only read about. Mike's a gas and his wife not only is just beautiful, but fun as all hell and beautiful inside too. They are a couple to have as friends for life.
Homeland Security did arrest me and my cat because I couldn't prove my 2 Sulcata and 8 box turtles weren't Texas tortoises. Held us for 6 hours while we waited for "an expert" to ID the torts. He couldn't tell the difference between my desert tort and a Texas tort. I convinced him ABN was a Redfoot. hahahaha. I had so much fun. It's so beautiful there and SO many different turtles and tortoises. Kelly and his brother are cool, and his Mom, Jan, is great. I really liked Kelly's SIL, too bad they didn't stay. And don't forget the chiggers, cuz no Texan will tell you, and they are misery....