Mr. T's lack of appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
After we picked him up from our friends house about a couple weeks ago he rarely seems to eat and ignores food offerings. Me, mom, and dad usually feed him and his usually pretty fat legs have shrunk. I offered kale, romain lettuce, carrot, tomato, tortoise diet (ok for RT'S) alternating to collard greens, spring mix and such. Should I add more variety? I am pretty sure he is tired of kale. I try to add variety but I don't go out to grocery shop with my parents (I am not a driving age) I know he is eating enough to survive but barely. I used to give him a salad with carrot, tomato, kale, lettuce and it was gone by next day but now he just runs over it. Usually putting him outside in the sunshine makes his metabolism go up but he doesn't eat... It's been raining a lot down here and he senses and sleeps all day or tries to get out. I will spend my own allowance if he needs it.. A vet treatment or a special diet? Please help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
What species?
Where are you?
What are his four temps when indoors? Warm side, cool side, basking spot, and night?
Have you tried other good foods like weeds instead of grocery store foods? Kale has a very strong taste.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Why was he at your friends house? were you on vacation? did you ask your friend if he ate? what did they feed him?
he needs to be warm enough to eat.. variety sounds good..
leave him be and don't pester and try leaving the food and make sure he is warm enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.