Murphys Mansion

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Thank you! There's two large ponds in the basement as well which keeps the humidity pretty high down there. It's been staying around 70-80% so far. View attachment 295526View attachment 295527The basement doesn't get that cold in the winter probably low 50s at the worst. The night box is insulated and heated. So even if the temperature drops down there a bit in the pen im confident the night box will stay 85F. Might have to make some adjustments come winter I'll just have to see.
I'm afraid to say this, Todd... but it looks like you still have some floor space in front there for future enclosures...(?) ;)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I'm afraid to say this, Todd... but it looks like you still have some floor space in front there for future enclosures...(?) ;)
I do if I cleaned up some junk down there lol. I've been seriously thinking about getting a breeding group of ornate wood turtles "Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima". I really like them.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I do if I cleaned up some junk down there lol. I've been seriously thinking about getting a breeding group of ornate wood turtles "Rhinoclemmys pulcherrima". I really like them.
Oooh... I've thought about working with that species too. Very tempting. I wish I had the space... Although you might. ;)

vei489

Massapequa
Thank you! There's two large ponds in the basement as well which keeps the humidity pretty high down there. It's been staying around 70-80% so far. View attachment 295526View attachment 295527The basement doesn't get that cold in the winter probably low 50s at the worst. The night box is insulated and heated. So even if the temperature drops down there a bit in the pen im confident the night box will stay 85F. Might have to make some adjustments come winter I'll just have to see.
Well thought out. Love it.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Once it got cold enough Murphy started using his house. IMG_20201118_075129647.jpg