Mushrooms?

haylee345

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
48
Location (City and/or State)
Durham, North Carolina
Mushrooms have begun sprouting in my outdoor enclosure/patio garden. Should I try to get rid of them? Can I feed them to Abigail? Not sure what to do... I've already had to go search for rolie polies to put in her indoor enclosure to deal with mites -and added a layer of fir reptibark to help myself pretend they're not swarming underneath. And relined the entire thing with plastic to prevent more mold from growing. She is definitely not a low maintenance pet.
IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0232.JPG
 

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
19,720
Location (City and/or State)
CA
unless you're an expert in identifying mushrooms that are poisonous and non poisonous I wouldn't feed
 

wellington

Well-Known Member
Moderator
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
44,272
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most likely they are not edible. They look like the ones I get in my yard sometimes and if so, they are not edible.
 

haylee345

Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
48
Location (City and/or State)
Durham, North Carolina
Can I still feed her the grass? Should I worry about spores? Will a good cold frost kill them off enough that I can put her out in the spring?
 
Top